Windows 7 Getting BSOD on pc during gaming. something to do with ntoskrnl.exe

ethanchu

Hi, I actually have another problem embedded inside of this BSOD that I will explain in a moment. I built my own pc this summer with specs that are way beyond the recommended requirements for my game (Blacks ops and MW2 btw). While gaming, I will occasionally get a BSOD, and when I use WhoCrashed, it said that all of my BSOD's had something to do with ntoskrnl.exe. The other embedded problem I have is that when I try to compress my minidump files, it says "access is denied". I am an administrator and have even tried the "take ownership" method, however, it keeps saying "access is denied". So I hope you will excuse this uploaded uncompressed minidump folder :(. I will post my files in the next post.

The best way to get your minidumps attached here is to copy them to a folder, say, on your desktop, and then zip up those and attach to a post.

ok, now the computer isn't even acknowledging that I have permission of the minidump files. It says not file permission when trying to upload them. What should I do? Idk if this will help any, but this is what WhoCrashed says about my BSOD's:

On Fri 11/26/2010 9:00:44 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002EE92B0, 0xFFFFF8800950EA30, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112610-18969-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 11/26/2010 8:28:47 PM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002E9B2B0, 0xFFFFF88008A64A30, 0x0)
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112610-20092-01.dmp
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 11/25/2010 3:56:38 AM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002E932B0, 0xFFFFF88005C6D930, 0x0)
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112510-20014-01.dmp

On Wed 9/1/2010 12:01:15 AM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x34 (0x50830, 0xFFFFF8800317E2A8, 0xFFFFF8800317DB10, 0xFFFFF80002CCF950)
Error: CACHE_MANAGER
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090110-20311-01.dmp

Hope you guys can help.

Oh, and these were the most recent ones:

On Sun 12/12/2010 2:00:17 AM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x4A (0x74E92DD9, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88008AA0CA0)
Error: IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121210-17612-01.dmp

On Sat 12/11/2010 11:40:11 PM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800031592E1, 0xFFFFF88006D58BA0, 0x0)
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121110-16068-01.dmp

On Sat 12/11/2010 10:11:49 PM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002E9A2B0, 0xFFFFF88003A11930, 0x0)
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121110-17035-01.dmp

You go to C:/Windows/Minidump, copy all those files, make a folder on your Desktop, paste them there, then zip that folder. Trying to do anything besides moving/copying/pasting/deleting files in a system folder is a giant pain in the bum on Vista or W7, which is why you move them to a less restricted area (such as your Desktop) before trying to do anything to them.

I know the steps. The problem is that when I try and zip it, using windows default zipper, winrar, and 7z, it always says "access is denied". Is it possible for you guys to tell what's going wrong by looking at the WhoCrashed reports?

I'm no expert, I don't pretend to be either but I'm trying to slowly learn (old dog, new tricks etc.). One of the resident experts will be along at some point to help you out but until then, a little light reading for you!
Your most common error 0x3B. The others, 0x4A and 0x34.

As to why you can't copy/paste/zip your minidump files is beyond me, as it's something I've never experienced. Where do you get stopped? At the copy/paste stage or after that?

I've just noticed that you can upload .dmp files here without zipping them. It may mean you have to attach them individually........

Last edited:
lol WhoCrashed...haha. Might as well be BlueScreenView.

As you've been shown to do many times (thanks Elmer), copy the files to another folder anywhere on the pc, zip them, then attach the zip. If you follow well it will go well.

If not...then you'll be resorting to WC.

finally got it to compress ! had to boot into safe mode. here are my two most recent dmp files.

Attachments

• minidump2.rar
    25.4 KB · Views: 236
  • minidump.rar
    24.3 KB · Views: 225
uh I can only install the sptd thingy, and the uninstall button is blacked out. When I go into programs and features, there is no daemon tools to uninstall. However I did uninstall Precision though.

I downloaded the 64bit version, and still the only button I could press was install. However, I search on my c drive and found the sptd.sys file, so I just deleted it from there. Is that okay?

what if it won't let me uninstall it even with 64bit version? I'd I disable the process in services, will it have the same effect?

Yes, it will for sure absolutely, most definitely, positively, no doubt about it, affirmatively and surely wonderfully have an effect.

It will disable it from running.

Any other questions?

lol okay thank you very much. that's all the questions I have... for now... until I get a bsod again :)

Back
Top Bottom