jstincrdble

Hello all, I just finished building myself a new system today and went on to attempt to install my OS. It is Windows 7 64-bit. When i boot up it shows the bar at the bottom with "Windows is loading files" above it, it then goes to the screen where the paint comes at the screen. After this I keep getting a blue screen with the Stop coode:
0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000420, 0xFFFFF880012257BE, 0xFFFFF88041857D8, 0xfffff8804184F00)
ACPI.sys - Address FFFFF880012257BE base at FFFFF88001200000, DateStamp 4ce7745a
Not sure where to go or what I need to do to fix this and get my system running. Here are the specs:

[TH="align: left"]Type[/TH]
[TH="align: left"]Item[/TH]

[TD="align: left"] CPU [/TD]
[TD="align: left"] Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor [/TD]

[TD="align: left"] CPU Cooler [/TD]
[TD="align: left"] Corsair CAFA50 61.0 CFM CPU Cooler [/TD]

[TD="align: left"] Motherboard [/TD]
[TD="align: left"] Biostar TZ77XE4 ATX LGA1155 [/TD]

[TD="align: left"] Memory [/TD]
[TD="align: left"] G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 [/TD]

[TD="align: left"] Hard Drive [/TD]
[TD="align: left"] OCZ Agility 3 90GB 2.5" Solid State Disk [/TD]

[TD="align: left"] Video Card [/TD]
[TD="align: left"] Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB [/TD]

[TD="align: left"] Case [/TD]
[TD="align: left"] Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case [/TD]

[TD="align: left"] Power Supply [/TD]
[TD="align: left"] NZXT 650W ATX12V / EPS12V [/TD]

Here is an image of the blue screen: Link Removed due to 404 Error

I have already updated my BIOS and the firmware for the SSD, as well as managed to install Vista onto the hard drive. I've attempted disabling everything I could in the BIOS but to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It looks like you're facing a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issue with the stop code 0x0000007E when trying to install Windows 7 on your new system. This error can be quite frustrating, but there are steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve it.
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
1. Check Hardware Compatibility: Ensure that all your hardware components are compatible with Windows 7. Your system specs look fine for Windows 7, but it's always good to double-check compatibility.
2. Check for Driver Issues:
- Sometimes incompatible or faulty drivers can cause BSOD errors. Ensure that you have the latest drivers for all your hardware components.
- If possible, try booting in Safe Mode (F8...
It looks like you're facing a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issue with the stop code 0x0000007E when trying to install Windows 7 on your new system. This error can be quite frustrating, but there are steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve it.
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
1. Check Hardware Compatibility: Ensure that all your hardware components are compatible with Windows 7. Your system specs look fine for Windows 7, but it's always good to double-check compatibility.
2. Check for Driver Issues:
- Sometimes incompatible or faulty drivers can cause BSOD errors. Ensure that you have the latest drivers for all your hardware components.
- If possible, try booting in Safe Mode (F8 during startup) to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if a specific driver is causing the problem.
3. Check for BIOS Settings:
- Make sure that your BIOS settings are correctly configured. Sometimes incorrect settings related to ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) can cause this error.
- Look for options related to ACPI settings in the BIOS and try adjusting them if needed.
4. Memory Test:
- Run a memory test to check for any issues with your RAM. You can use tools like MemTest86 to perform a thorough memory test.
5. Check for Disk Issues:
- Since you mentioned updating the SSD firmware, it's good to ensure that there are no issues with the SSD. You can run disk checking tools to scan and repair disk errors.
6. Boot Configuration:
- Check your boot configuration settings. Make sure that the boot order is correct and that there are no conflicting settings.
7. Try Different Installation Media:
- If possible, try using a different Windows 7 installation media to rule out any issues with the current installation disk.
8. Additional Steps:
- If none of the above solutions work, you might want to consider resetting BIOS settings to default, checking for any new BIOS updates, or even trying a different version of Windows to see if the problem persists.
Addressing these points should help in troubleshooting and potentially resolving the BSOD issue you're encountering during the Windows 7 installation. If you try these steps and continue to face the issue, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Solution
Back