Windows 8 Getting BSoD while playing Maplestory

StephanVictory

Hello. This is my first thread in this forum, and I'm new on managing Windows OS problems, since I'm still learning. My problem is that I get a BSoD while I play Maplestory. It happened twice already but I don't want to get more problems with this game since I play it a lot, and never gave me problems before until I had this computer I'm using (HP ENVY 17t-j100 Quad Edition). As I was saying, this happened only when I play Maplestory, since I play another game (Neverwinter Online) and It doesn't give me any problems, even when I play it for longer periods of time than Maplestory. Also, this computer has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M Graphics Card if that helps solving the problem. I'd appreciate some help please :( and thanks for the attention given already on your forums. :)

Attachments

• CPU-Z Info Tabs.zip
    153.8 KB · Views: 338
  • DumpFiles.zip
    59.3 KB · Views: 321
  • RAM Memory Info.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 292
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff80002caa9e7}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+629e7 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi Stephan,

both dmp files are pointing to your Intel graphics driver as the culprit. I checked your laptops web page and there are available updates. Update as much as is possible and monitor the situation.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=6665178#N1904

Please post new dmp files.

Thanks for the attention given :) I appreciate it. I updated the driver and got the BSoD anyways :(. Haven't tried with Neverwinter Online yet, but It didn't give me problems on these days that I was monitoring the gameplay :\. I'll upload the dump file and expect the best :).

Attachments

• DumpFile.zip
    30 KB · Views: 335
Stephan can you do something for me please.
Please run the app found here: http://www.memtest.org/
Post results.
Please run the system file checker: You need to run an admin cmd prompt. This web page tells you how:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/elevated-command-prompt-windows-8.htm Once opened type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.
Lastly, right click on your computer icon, click properties, look along the top for Tools and click that. You now need to click the button titled 'Check' under Error checking. It might tell you a scan isn't needed but run one anyway.
These are just basic troubleshooting steps which help to either pinpoint or rule out certain issues.

Can't get memtest to run at all :\, It does not recognize the bootable file D: ... Maybe It has to do with Windows 8? Can't find any solutions for Windows 8 on the web :\... As for the admin cmd prompt, I'll post results. Thanks for the help anyways :)

Already tried many way to boot from CD/USB and it wont let me... :\ The image in the zip file shows what I get when I try to boot from both CD /USB drive...

Attachments

• bootfailed.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 293
Hi Stephan,
I'm afraid windows memory test just doesn't cut it really. You could try another way. Take out all your RAM apart from one stick and test your system by running the game. If it bsods take it out and try the next stick. If you find one stick bsods and one that doesn't you know which is the healthy stick.

I'll check it out...anyways, got Memtest86 to work finally, used the one in the website PassMark since I needed an EFI file to boot from it (UEFI here, :\) and now I'm testing, I'll post results later and thanks for the help :)

Hmm.... only if you think it's necessary. As long as they either pass or fail, you'll definitely know which.

Ok I realized that I ran "Memtest86" and not "Memtest86+"...different tests but same algorithms.... It indicates no errors at all... Is that enough for the memory test? Or should I use "Memtest86+" too? D:

Last edited:
Sorry for taking a long time doing things, I'm still trying to find out how to run memtest86 since I don't wan't to open my computer :\ (Don't wan't to learn with this PC, I'll get one later to learn howto do these things of moving comps and that stuff D:, dont get me wrong :\) Anyways, did the System File Checker test, results are in the image, I think. No errors or weird things came up with the SFC.

Attachments

• results.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 324
Thanks for that. Did you try the chkdsk scan I asked about in post 4? Also did you apply all the updates available for your machine via the webpage?
Lastly if you have a recent dmp file please post.

I forgot about that one, sorry :\.... No errors were found on disk scan, and haven't updated all drivers, just the graphics on Intel and NVIDIA as well. Going to update as much as possible.

Ok Stephan. If you do get a further bsod please post the dmp file.

Back