Google Chrome Drive will not play my videos

Hi I have just changed from the unstable Firefox to Google Chrome as my main browser. I am trying to use Google Drive to transfer files from one computer to another and to share with other friends. The problem Is that I am unable to play my MP4 and MOV home videos . It can open Word and JPEG pictures but not the videos.
I have tried various remedies from Youtube but none have worked.

Does anyone have the answer please.

What have you tried so far?
Will they play when you right click them with the explorer, not Chrome not Edge?

Last edited:
The videos will play back with anything but not from Google Drive. I have tried clearing the rubbish off my computer with Bleach Bit I have stopped 3rd parties, and tried a reset via Drives advanced section. I have also tried a complete power down by unplugging. I also almost got conned into monthly payment to Just Answer. I am now out of ideas.

The videos will play back with anything but not from Google Drive. I have tried clearing the rubbish off my computer with Bleach Bit I have stopped 3rd parties, and tried a reset via Drives advanced section. I have also tried a complete power down by unplugging. I also almost got conned into monthly payment to Just Answer. I am now out of ideas.

Well it took a lot of messing about but I found the problem.

For anyone with the same problem this is what I did:

Open Google Drive.

Click the three dots in the top right hand corner.

Select setting.

Scroll down to: Privacy and Security.

Click on Cookies and other site data.

Ensure only Allow all cookies is enable.

Bingo, Drive now open everything.

Back