Windows 7 Google Notices Malware and Warns Users

JMH

Your computer appears to be infected

An infected computer can result in deleted data, stolen personal information, and a slower connection to many websites. We showed you the warning so that you can scan your computer and take any necessary action to protect yourself.
How do I fix my computer?

1. Install or update your antivirus software. Antivirus software can detect and remove malware from your computer. While we don't make or support antivirus software ourselves, here are some tips:

• If you don't have any antivirus software, you can either search Google for "antivirus" or try one of our suggested antivirus products. If you prefer to find your own, be wary of fake antivirus software that may actually be malicious; common examples that you should not install include "My Security Shield," "Security Master AV," and "CleanUp Antivirus." Before choosing to install any software, look online for reviews or forum posts to make sure that the software is not a malicious program.
  • Even if you already use antivirus software, it's possible that your existing version cannot catch all potential issues. We recommend that you update this software to make sure that you're using the most recent version.

Your computer appears to be infected : Suspicious results and strange behavior - Web Search Help

Wonder how long the "rogue" AV's will take to catch on and mimic it. I know it would make me "jump" if it suddenly appeared at the top of my screen. But somebody, somewhere.......

Back
Top Bottom