Windows Forum Admin
AMD has released the Crimson Edition 16.5.3 driver for the HD 7700, HD 8500 series and above on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Release Notes
Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSON16.5.3
Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Highlights
- Support for:
- Total War: Warhammer™
- Dota™2 (with Vulkan™ API)
- New AMD Crossfire profile available for:
- Total War: Warhammer™
- Fallout 4™ may experience minor stuttering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode
- Radeon Settings may be removed from the system if the Radeon Software installer is launched while Radeon Settings is open.
- Radeon Settings "Additional Settings" option may intermittently fail to launch.
- Users in Quad AMD Crossfire technology configurations may be unable to re-enable AMD Crossfire mode when using the global AMD Crossfire option in the "Gaming" tab and toggling it from on to off.
- Some game textures in The Division™ exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Intermittent stability issues with Intel Skull Canyon NUC (NUC6i7KYK) using AMD XConnect™ Technology are no longer observed.
- Safe unplugging for AMD XConnect™ Technology no longer results in a random BSOD.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- Total War: Warhammer™ may experience stuttering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode if the AMD Gaming Evolved App or Plays.Tv is running in the background. A workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved and Plays.Tv applications.
- The Division™ may hang when using Quad AMD Crossfire™ technology. As a workaround users are recommended to disable AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Heroes of the Storm™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- The AMD Crossfire™ technology mode options in Radeon Settings may not take effect on Origin or Uplay applications.
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™ may exhibit brightness flickering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology.
- Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
- Catalyst Install Manager unable to detect the display driver while uninstallation.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Driver contains the following:
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Driver Version 16.20.1013.
Installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Driver
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:
This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Driver.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.