Windows 10 Graphics issues after upgrade to Windows 10: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION sgfxk64.sys

Hi,

I don't have any external GPU :) I guess it would be important.
I think this comes from default Windows graphics driver.
Anyway, I'll try solution with avast!.

If it won't work - I'm going back to Win 7. A little bit sad, Win 10 is really ergonomic.

Thank you for your time and your help,
regards,
JK.
Hi Jakub,
thanks for the update. So if you look in the add and remove programs section what gpu drivers do you see? If you see anything related to the above then please remove it.
Also if you have any new dump files please post.

Hi,

As I already mentioned, I used HP Update tools and it diodn't show anything. I also tried uninstalling avast! - result is the same.
Anyway, I'll try to use some utility to remove everything that looks unknown (I had some strange stuff attached in the past to my computer, like for example external touch screen), then manually I'll download every driver for my PC and will install them.
Last try I guess :)

@edit, I have found something like this:
TOSwTni.png

and I'm going to remove selected stuff.

Regards,
JK.

Last edited:
Anyway, I'll try to use some utility to remove everything that looks unknown (I had some strange stuff attached in the past to my computer, like for example external touch screen)

That sounds like a definite possibility .

If you can please look in your remove programs section and check what's installed.

Please try to not use apps like HP Update Tools as they can get it wrong. You are always better off sourcing the drivers yourself then you know for sure what's been installed.

Hi,

That was hardcore :) About 30+ apps removed. I will try to remove ELO Touch Screen Driver (I cannot remove it from "Add or remove programs"), restart and try to install new drivers.

Regards,
JK.

Hi,

Thank you guys, YOU ROCK!
I did what I wrote here, driver installed without BSOD and graphics are working now :) Both displays work, changing them dynamically, switching, GPU acceleration etc.
So it was probably one of old drivers from some strange stuff and/or I needed also chipset update. Anyway, one more plus - I finally removed old stuff from my PC.

PS. Can I accept two answers :) ?

Thank you, regards,
JK.

Good for you! The chipset can cause problems down loading drivers. Always install it first!
You can accept as many answers as you please. We are a team here on Windows Forum. There are no big Ego's
I think your issue was a combination of several things. The good thing is that You-Got_Er-Done;):up:

Hi,

Thank you guys, YOU ROCK!
I did what I wrote here, driver installed without BSOD and graphics are working now :) Both displays work, changing them dynamically, switching, GPU acceleration etc.
So it was probably one of old drivers from some strange stuff and/or I needed also chipset update. Anyway, one more plus - I finally removed old stuff from my PC.

PS. Can I accept two answers :) ?

Thank you, regards,
JK.
Excellent news Jakub. I thought the driver looked out of place and hopefully with your big 'uninstall' it's probably got it or at least whatever was clashing with it.
If any issues should re-occur then please post back.

Now that explains what that usb driver was. It was a touch screen. Looked out of place compared the the systems spec sheet at HP. Good to see you got it working JakubKrol.

Back