Windows 8 GTA EFLC installation problem "Unsupported 16-bit Application"

Fotis Makris

Hello everyone and Happy New Year,

I am here cause I want to ask you for any solutions for my problem.
I am trying to install GTA EFLC in Windows 8 (Officially Activated) but I get the following message:

Starting Installation via Autorun.exe: Unsupported 16-bit Application. The Program or feature "\??\E:\Setup.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.
Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Starting Installation directly from Setup.exe: This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher

GTA IV run perfectly also other games. I don't know what is this problem with this.
If there are any solutions please answer me here.

Thank you.

The latest, I tried to update with the link you sent me but still the same problem.
In my other computer where I have Windows 8 Pro 32-bit the installation works normally

Hmm.. did you have the game running under windows 7 64bit?

I suspect the 16 Bit game will not run on Win 8 64 Bit. I have heard some have had great results with Win 8 32 Bit with installing 16 Bit apps, but that Win 8 64 Bit will not run any 16 Bit apps.

Perhaps using a 32 Bit VM (using Win XP 32 Bit) might work.

I suspect the 16 Bit game will not run on Win 8 64 Bit. I have heard some have had great results with Win 8 32 Bit with installing 16 Bit apps, but that Win 8 64 Bit will not run any 16 Bit apps.

My thoughts too Ted, hence my question..

Hmm.. did you have the game running under windows 7 64bit?
Yes, I did. Before Windows 8 Pro on my other computer I used Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, worked normally.

I was also thinking about that. I tried Windows XP Mode with Windows Virtual PC but I cannot install Virtual PC because of some
certificate problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which version of Win 8 do you have? Hyper-V is only available on 64 Bit versions of Win 8 Pro and Enterprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back