Windows 7 Halleluiah!- you CAN dump Messenger from 7!-

hartstoc

I got stuck with that nasty, nasty little program Windows Messenger and a bunch of other CRAP That I did not want when I downloaded Live Mail. It turns out that if you go to control panel, uninstall programs, click live essentials, uninstall/modify, you are then given a list of components to check for the uninstall. Just leave Live Mail unchecked. Thank god!. I'd been afraid of uninstalling live essentials for fear of losing live mail and all of my data.

Why can't they just give us back Outlook Express? It was perfect. Live mail sucks jackass balls but it is better than nothing.

Did you follow up on yor previous thread? It would have led you to the same result.
But, what is your main concern with Live Mail?, I can only see all of the Outlook Express convenience, plus a few extras.

One trick to ensure you do not lose your Email on a reinstall, or OS failure, is to create a Mail Box on another partition or Hard disk. If you then used the Advanced options to change the Storage folder, on a reload of Live mail, it will import all your messages into the new location. On reinstalls etc, repeat the process and your old mail is immediately available.

Back