Windows 7 Halo 1

Discussion in 'Windows Games' started by Mirrorboy, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Mirrorboy

Mirrorboy New Member

i installed Halo 1 on 7 and experienced MAJOR frames-per-second problems. i had to turn down the graphics to their lowest settings to get it to work. i was wondering if this was because of the interface using up all the graphics memory or something else. i plan on upgrading to 7 when it's finally out and i want to know if i need to upgrade my graphics (again) to be able to run my games (which is really just halo 1 (possibly 2), UT04 and UT3).

2. stupidbiznitch9

stupidbiznitch9 New Member

its probably nothing more than a driver issue, that gfx card should be able to handle all the halo you can throw at it....

3. Mirrorboy

Mirrorboy New Member

i tried installing the Windows Vista drivers for the card and it didn't work, i still get the awful FPS ratios.

4. stupidbiznitch9

did you try the windows 7 beta drivers? i had problems with the vista version of the drivers for my ATi card, the beta driver on the other hand was flawless...

5. Mirrorboy

Mirrorboy New Member

before i installed the vista drivers, i had a prerelease set of drivers but i had the same problem.

6. stupidbiznitch9

which version of halo 1 PC right? 1.08? im using custom edition 1.06; also try reinstalling the beta drivers and try right clicking the properties on the icon and type "-use2.0" without quotations, in the target location, after the other stuff, see if that helps...

#6 stupidbiznitch9, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  7. Mirrorboy

Mirrorboy New Member

i'm using regular halo 1.08 (not custom). i also reinstalled the beta graphics drivers. i haven't heard of the "use2.0" before, but i'll give it a shot.

edit: it didn't work at all and this is getting extremely frustrating.

#7 Mirrorboy, Feb 3, 2009
  8. stupidbiznitch9

ok delete that use2.0, if nothing much changes with changing the drivers, more than likely nvidia just used the same drivers for thier "newer" beta version; try this: uninstall all drivers, and attempt to use the microsoft graphics drivers

EDIT: if that doesnt work try other games, if they are all sluggish its probably a driver issue, if not, go into the nvidia panel and disable AA and AF for all games permanantly, usually AA and AF create problems with halo PC and CE...

#8 stupidbiznitch9, Feb 3, 2009
  9. Marshe

Marshe New Member

hey im currently on an upgraded version of windows 7 32-bit. i have all the latest drivers and such for all but my pc's IR port [cuz no driver is available] and im trying to play Halo CE.
    I have all my settings at the minimum for graphics and i keep getting 5+ blue screens while playing. i have 2GB ram and celeron M 1.6GHz processor.
    I am also the computer admin and it still wont let me update for online play.
    Can some one help me here?

like seriously isn't halo a windows product?