Happy Holidays from us at Windows7Forums.com!

Do you want to see a return of the Experience Points system?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
Hello everyone,

It's that time of year again, time to reflect on what we've accomplished throughout the entire year, set new goals for the next and appreciate what we have.

Of course for the website, this is just a December update. As you've probably noticed, the winter theme has made a return to the site - we feel this adds a seasonal touch to the website (even if you live somewhere there's no snow). The Google+ button has also been added to the site. If you're not aware of what Google+ is, it's a new social network which I would describe as a fair cross between Facebook and Twitter. The G+ button allows you to share site content similar to the way the Facebook share/like buttons function.

Staying on top of the latest advancements in forum software technology, the site has been updated to vBulletin version 4.1.9. The update includes under-the-hood fixes, a few major bugs squashed. The mobile application for Windows7Forums.com on Android has also had some bug fixes, all known issues with the app have now been fixed.

On an international and huge scale, in the last 15 days, we have had
1,253,551 page views - "Wow, that's a lot!" - Well indeed it is:
  • An average 83570 views per day.
  • A lower site bounce rate (this means people have spent more time viewing content on the site before leaving than in previous months.
Earlier updates to the site which I did not deliver while absent include two updates of the web server software itself (Litespeed), including major performance improvements and bug fixes. Our previous feature of "live updating" threads is now back, this is powered by an AJAX script. Are you a noob still using dial-up? You should notice the site renders much faster than before now - this is in thanks to an update to our optimization code.

Also, we're interested to discover if anyone would like to see a return of the Experience points system? Please vote via the poll at the top of this post!.

On behalf of myself, our administrators and our moderators,
Happy Holidays!
sig.png
Mitchell Anthony, Public Relations

Back