Windows 10 Hardware Problem? How do I fix my network driver issue?

Derpychez

I have recently built a desktop, and wanted to connect to the internet. When I tried at first, it said there was no network drivers. So I downloaded a intel legacy network driver, and it showed a yellow triangle with a exclamation mark saying Error 31, and saying that the request is not supported. I tried fixing with regedit, but didn't work, and updating the driver is pointless as it needs internet, but the whole point of this is to connect to the internet.
I tried downloading a intel driver externally and use it on my pc but when I downloaded it, it showed that it was successfully downloaded, but wasn't showing in device manager.

Please Help I have been troubleshooting for over 4 days now, and I had to save up 5 years for this computer.

I’m thinking it’s a problem with the driver, though its interesting that the network driver didn’t show up.

Depending on your board, say if its an ASUS: Download Center | Official Support | ASUS UK You can get the download link from the boards manufacturer. I’m guessing either the driver you downloaded is no good, or it doesnt work with your components.
What motherboard do you have?

Just checking, you did try to use device manager to manually find the driver you put onto the computer? Not just expect it to find it from the usb?

I’m thinking it’s a problem with the driver, though its interesting that the network driver didn’t show up.

Depending on your board, say if its an ASUS: Download Center | Official Support | ASUS UK You can get the download link from the boards manufacturer. I’m guessing either the driver you downloaded is no good, or it doesnt work with your components.
What motherboard do you have?

Just checking, you did try to use device manager to manually find the driver you put onto the computer? Not just expect it to find it from the usb?
I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I tried finding the driver in show hidden devices, but still didn't show up.
Also, in addition, ethernet drivers seemed to work, which was odd, and will I be able to connect to the internet if I do connect to ethernet?

Question: do you see, in Windows Device Manager, the network card? Does it show as installed properly?

If you answered yes to the previous question, then do the following, using an other computer with internet access :

1. Is the network card built into the motherboard? If yes, then go to this site (Service / Support - GIGABYTE Global) and download the appropriate drivers.
2. If the network card is not built-in in the motherboard, then go to manufacturer's site and look for the appropriate driver.

After downloading the appropriate driver, transfer it to the new computer, on its system drive (C: usually), open device manager, go to the network card, press driver update and then let the computer search for it.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom