Windows 10 Hardware & Software issues in Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update

brkkab

Excellent Member
I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Anniversary x64 last week and I'm having numerous issues with it.
I can't find any Memory.dmp or Mini.dmp files anywhere in the C:\Windows folder and was hoping somebody could check my msinfo32.zip file.
Issues I'm having:
Hardware:
magicJack install, but doesn't show up as CD Drive in This PC like it should. It doesn't show up in Device Manager. It say's no internet access, even though I get a 105-115mbps download speed and 10-11mbps upload speed on speedtest.net. Depending on the time it is.
Software:
Photos app constantly takes hours to scan my photos, even after the first scan was completed.
Cyberlink PowerDVD 16 and MediaShow 6 both act the same as the Photos app does, except MediaShow 6 also freezes up and I have to close it with the Task Manager.
I removed my cpu's overclock and my ram is running in XMP mode.

Attachments

• msinfo32.zip
    112.9 KB · Views: 430
Hi brkkab,
Good stuff to know. I think the biggest issue here is that the Anniversary Update does not install either automatically nor manually via Windows Update as I've mentioned now in several dedicated threads.o_O No update or Service Pack since W95 has ever failed to work this way. I wonder what Microsoft intends to do about that??

Cheers!:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Your install media could be bad/corrupted. Get the media creation tool and redownload the ISO. Then do another clean install.

Hi

One thing that I found was that my computer was very buggy after I upgraded.
I didn't try scanning anything but other imaging related actions were very slow.
Installing new video drives solved a lot of problems.

A lot of stuff changed, it set my screen saver to on and to one minute, and also to blank, so I thought that my monitor was going to sleep every minute.

It changed my mouse pointers and didn't pick up my Logitech mouse just set it to default settings.
I had to reinstall the mouse software.

I didn't put in the registry settings for the "New" option on the right click menu.

Google Chrome made my right click menu stop working altogether when I would open it, until I had removed and reinstalled it twice.

I went the upgrade route, I didn't want to have to reinstall everything.

I seem to be getting now to the point where everything is working again.

Mike

Yep...Mike, I went through something very similar to yours....and rather than dealing with the insanity of having to find fixes.....I chose to do a clean install. For me...less aggravation and headaches.

Your install media could be bad/corrupted. Get the media creation tool and redownload the ISO. Then do another clean install.
>>>Hi Bass: Well, no, maybe I didn't state it correctly. The Clean Install from ISO file worked and installed b14393.5 and subsequently auto-updated to b14393.10==the latest version just fine. The issue I'm stating is that none of my 5 machines would do an install to any Anniversary Update build that's been released starting on last Tue. Aug. 2nd, when attempting to get the download through Windows Update. The issue will be for users who are on W10 going back to v1511 b10240.x and v1511 b10586.x released last July 29th 2015, and then are attempted to UPDATE their existing W10 system, they cannot do it;:thumbs_down: they are being forced to download the Anniversary Update via ISO file and MCT tool to get v1607 b14393.x onto their existing W10 build.:eek: This of course requires them to wipe their drives clean, removing all programs and data, just to accomplish a simple Update.:shocked: Several of us on the various Anniversary Update threads (I think there are 3 or 4 now), have commented on this issue, and that is not how this Update should work. Some of our Users have tried to use the "Keep My Existing Files" option, and unless I'm mistaken, that has not worked at all.:ohno: We got 2 posts in today with Users who had this exact problem, which we've confirmed. In fact, that was the first option I tried when doing the Clean Install from Mike's ISO file, and it failed on multiple machines with various error codes. If you have a solution or someone else reports that they have one, I'd love to hear it and give it a go. Sorry about the confusion!:redface: Interestingly enough, I am presenting my 2nd W10 Workshop next Monday at my local Computer Club, so I hope we get a solution from Microsoft soon or one of us comes across something for a fix so I can tell them it's possible to make that work. Otherwise, very few people are going to attempt the Update when word gets out it's gonna require a full-drive-wipe type install to get it going. :skull: <<<
BBJ

My install was a clean install and it's still buggy as hell. I'm going to do a clean install again, but I'm not messing with it until Saturday, as it's going to be a 3 day event just for installs. Then 2 days worth of configuring everything again.
All my drivers are current so that's not the problem.
Then if it's still buggy, I'm going back to Windows 8.1 Pro.

**SOLVED**I got tired of the messed up install and slowdowns on Tuesday, so I did the clean install then. Everything works now, though I had to do a second install of Cyberlink MediaSuite 14 Ultra, as PowerDVD 16 wouldn't open with the first install. It works now. I also had to uninstall and reinstall Ubisoft's The Crew (Worldwide) to get it to work.
Now everything is good.

Clean install is always the way to go. To make an upgrade work right often times it takes twice as long to figure out and fix all the issues and still seldom runs right and Windows 8.1 should really work easily as many believe it is really Windows 8.2 anyway. Good for you!

In this case I'm beginning to think the Anniversary update should've never been released. I'm still experiencing freeze ups from it and the more I read about it, the more issues are appearing about it. The webcam issue is just the latest one.
It's really starting to look like Microsoft laid off the wrong people during it's lay off's and has lost it's way.

Wow I feel like just the opposite I waited until Anniversary Update to finally install Windows 10 and I have done so on about 7-8 pc's with only the one problem where I left the install and walked out of the room. I have no issues with any of them. Now the updates I did before over the last year were nightmares one worse than the next and few of them standing today.

Devils Advocate:
IMO a clean install is always the most desirable route especially when say a machine has been running for a while on the same os. If ones current install is a little buggy then this will be passed along in the upgrade and you know as soon as it boots something isn't right. Whilst your mulling this over you click on something and bugger me it won't open.
So it begins and you spend the next few hours wailing, hair pulling and gnashing of teeth as you realise Windows is borked (but hey checkout the new Start menu ) .....

This madness carries on until you find an iso online, download it and clean install.. :D

I always clean install, upgrades are where madness lays. I've found most of the time clean installs are the quicker option to as I don't spend hour after hour trying to fix silly little errors.

I got sucked in to the Microsoft hype as they were saying upgrades aren't what they used to be and I should try them again and yadda yadda, yadda....and since I hadn't done any for years I bought into it. Never again.

If I do clean install I also inject any updates into the install media including latest vidoe, sound and network drivers. Can't be dealing with the built-in ones even for just a moment.

Well, I'm one of the ones experiencing the frequent freezeups the Anniversary update has shown to cause. Now the newest news is it also causing iaaues with webcams.
My hardware is by no means ancient/old.
I'm at the point if they don't fix it by the 2nd Tuesday of September, 10/Microsoft can kiss me goodbye.

Out of curiosity was your original install of Windows 10 an upgrade or clean install?
Can you tell us what your hardware is because I have a unit that is not that old I simply cannot run Windows 10 on. It is a Gen3 core i5 3570K with 16 gb ram an Ssd 256 gb and I give up on that system running Windows 10, it can't do it. The compatibility says it will run great but not going to happen!

The first install was a upgrade install. The second install was a clean install. Both have had the same issues freezing up.. My drivers are all up to date. Asus/Intel even released new chipset drivers for my Maximus VIII Hero last week, The same day Nvidia released new drivers. The freezing and my hdd disappearing persists. My hdd isn't bad and has never made any loud clicking noises.
My pc is so quiet if my monitor is turned off, you can't even tell it's on.

The original upgrade was done with the iso listed here on the forum. I assumed the iso was the issue and let the Microsoft Media Creation Tool download a new iso and recreate my flash drive. That obviously wasn't the case. The os has numerous reported issue online. Freezeups, webcams not working, not even in Skype. They shouldn't have released it like that to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom