Windows 7 Hardware Upgrade/Win7 Upgrade

billyc99

Honorable Member
I recently upgraded my proc, mobo, and added memory. I reinstalled WinXP and subsequently attempted upgrading to Win7. For some reason my boot sector now gives me 2 choices, 1. former operating system 2. Windows Rollback. I upgraded my Laptop and this did not happen. Upon booting the Desktop System, i checked all BIOS settings and believe all is good in that department. I only have a very few seconds to choose which OS i want to boot into...when i let the Win7 boot, i get the logo then a theme screen and the boot goes no further. I have a feeling that I may have screwed up when i installed Win7 in that i removed the disk after the PC rebooted. How do i recover? And I don't need a dual boot system either. Win7 is running great on my laptop and netbook. In my opinion Win7 is one of smarter things that MS has done. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Cheers and Beers to all.

Thank you for the quick response. well, i discovered that the only problem that seemed to be happening was my impatience. The mobo was new and i realized that i needed to finish installing XP. I did this in splendid fashion, i then did what a clean install of Win7...this time with patience in mind. I am now up and running Win7 on my desktop rig. i had forgotten that the installation process takes awhile. Thanks for your help and quick reply. cheers and beers.

Back
Top Bottom