Windows 10 Having To Confirm SLEEP Command

Wmtblke

Since the new update, when I click my "Sleep" shortcut, or hit the related hotkey, I also have to confirm in a popup box that I want Rundll32 to "make changes to my device, thus totally negating the utility of having a one touch hotkey. Is there some way the avoid this second step and let the computer know that when I push the Sleep button, I actually do want the damned thing to sleep.

Grab procexp Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals click and drag the cross hair icon over the pop up and it should tell you which process is blocking it. My guess without further information is that your security software is blocking or halting the sleep process. Which security product are you using?

I rely on Windows Security and keep it up to date. The only thing that has changed is the latest Windows 10 update. I had set a shortcut, and a hot key to run C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep. Since the update, I have had to confirm that I wanted this program to make "changes" to my system. If I pull the security slider all the way down this goes away, but I am looking for a way to allow just this one to run unchecked, while keeping the security up on everything else. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom