Windows 7 HD Crashed/Windows 7 Installed Only 4 Days

n0meq

What now....I bought windows 7 family pack and my hard drive crashed on my apple cumputers virtual drive. The HD is being replaced. Do I need to contact microsoft for a different product Key? What do I need to do? :frown:

Did you get the click of death I know of a program that can save and extradt many of the files,Disused by law enforcement and forensic examinations,

If you\re;interested let me know.

HD Crash

Thanks anyway for the file retriever...I did have the majority of stuff backed up. Windows was residing on a apple iMac virtual HD (VMFusion 3). thanks for the offer though!:eek:

What now....I bought windows 7 family pack and my hard drive crashed on my apple cumputers virtual drive. The HD is being replaced. Do I need to contact microsoft for a different product Key? What do I need to do? :frown:

No, you can install and activate over and over and activate if you don't change the motherboard. If you replace the mb or bios you'll have to go though Microsoft

by the way, was your drive a seagate 7200.11 ? It it is, then it got bricked. You'll know because your computer will hang at bootup trying to initialize. I know someone who can fix it.

Back