Windows 7 HELP !! BSOD Continuously Crashing

natleo

Hello :smile:

I have a Intel Quad Core HP elite Desktop M8190a everything is as manufactured except i upgraded the ram to 4GB.

Originally running Vista .. Last week while playing a mp3 file from an external HDD a loud "ticking" occured then the computer crashed. Restarted automatically then a BSOD appeared stating something about a BAD_POOL_CALLER.
Problem Name:BlueScreen
BCCode:50
BCP1:8C100000
BCP2:00000000
BCP3:82E5A1C5
BCP4:00000000
OS Version:6_0_6002
Product:256_1
Files that help discribe the problem:
C:\Users\natalie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48469-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\natalie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF3FE.tmp.version.txt

For the last week it has kept crashing daily so i decided to do a full system format to take it back to factory settings. Seemed all was going well, until i got a message stating "bad system configuration, unable to install windows".
So i decided to do a fresh clean install of windows 7 64bit (genuine) that i had purchased and had been meaning to do for months. All went well .. connected to the internet fine, activated windows 7. I then installed my printer and all seemed fine. But the second i hooked up my external HDD (which is not new, ive had it as a backup since i purchased the pc 4yrs ago) .. BSOD !!! :mad3: AGAIN!!! Not sure if it was a coinsidence or not .. but now the pc will not load past the windows screen it just keeps restarting .. so i cant even see the minidump problem .. Also there is no option to use SAFE MODE .. which seems odd. Only options are "Start Windows normally" or "Lauch repair" as this is a fresh OS install attempt there is no last known good configuration :confused3: .. also i did notice just before one of the crashes that windows was saying it wasnt a "Genuine Version" - but i did purchase it from a store.

Sorry if that was a long winded story but i thought id try to give u as much info as possible.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ..

Many thanks

Natalie - Australia

Hello :smile:

I have a Intel Quad Core HP elite Desktop M8190a everything is as manufactured except i upgraded the ram to 4GB.

Originally running Vista .. Last week while playing a mp3 file from an external HDD a loud "ticking" occured then the computer crashed. Restarted automatically then a BSOD appeared stating something about a BAD_POOL_CALLER.
Problem Name:BlueScreen
BCCode:50
BCP1:8C100000
BCP2:00000000
BCP3:82E5A1C5
BCP4:00000000
OS Version:6_0_6002
Product:256_1
Files that help discribe the problem:
C:\Users\natalie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48469-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\natalie\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF3FE.tmp.version.txt

For the last week it has kept crashing daily so i decided to do a full system format to take it back to factory settings. Seemed all was going well, until i got a message stating "bad system configuration, unable to install windows".
So i decided to do a fresh clean install of windows 7 64bit (genuine) that i had purchased and had been meaning to do for months. All went well .. connected to the internet fine, activated windows 7. I then installed my printer and all seemed fine. But the second i hooked up my external HDD (which is not new, ive had it as a backup since i purchased the pc 4yrs ago) .. BSOD !!! :mad3: AGAIN!!! Not sure if it was a coinsidence or not .. but now the pc will not load past the windows screen it just keeps restarting .. so i cant even see the minidump problem .. Also there is no option to use SAFE MODE .. which seems odd. Only options are "Start Windows normally" or "Lauch repair" as this is a fresh OS install attempt there is no last known good configuration :confused3: .. also i did notice just before one of the crashes that windows was saying it wasnt a "Genuine Version" - but i did purchase it from a store.

Sorry if that was a long winded story but i thought id try to give u as much info as possible.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ..

Many thanks

Natalie - Australia

Hello Natalie,

Is your External HDD connected to your PC. Because that ticking sound you said mostly likely your external hard drive be damaged. Try to do the Startup Repair and see if that's fixes it.

ticking noises from the HDD does mean its on its way out to be fair so i would back up all data

i would also do what captain jack said and do a start up repair,

or you can do them manually (which we canhelp you with ) if startup repair doesnt like it

Hi Captain Jack !
Thanks for the reply .. i do not have the external HDD conected to the pc at the moment .. though it does work fine on my two laptops that i have so i'm confident that it is not at fault .. I did a start up repair as u suggested .. seemed to work fine .. then i did a win 7 update as there were 87 available .. again seemed fine .. started installing updates .. got to 87 of 87 then said that windows could not install 1 update as there was an error .. then u guessed it .. BLUE SCREEN !!! This time said BAD_POOL_HEADER ..

Again any help would be great

Nat :frown:

Ok so since my last post only moments ago the pc has crashed 2 more times!! But with different messages while trying to start up ..
Attempted to boot in SAFE MODE but got message: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL .. then upon next reboot attempting start up repair got the message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA .. i would love to post up the dump files for u but unfortunately the pc just doesnt stay on long enough for me to do that .. I think i should bite the bullet and take it to a PC repair store :(

Back