Windows 7 Help Guys

praan1991

I m facing strange problem .. My laptop won't turn on when I press power button .. No fanspeed ,no power Led , no battery sign ,like dead ... But when I insert Charger pin and press power button ,... Only fan ,power led , battery led starts... But blank display .. !! I tried everything ..changed battery (bought new ) , cleaned ram , cleared static charge (by removing battery ) but problem is same ..
Model - HP Compaq 6715s

Remove the battery and plug the charger in. Turn the laptop on and gently wiggle the charger connector near the laptop. If it powers off that would be a bad dc jack or solder joint on the motherboard. If it stays on, get a flash light and shine it on the screen almost parallel to the screen or different angles and see if you can see the screen (it may be extremely faint) if you can the inverter is bad and need to be replaced. If still nothing try hooking an external monitor. If that works you have a bad screen. If you still get nothing then it's probably the mother board. You can also try removing all the memory and HDD and boot. If it starts beeping repeatedly then the motherboard is probably ok. If the BIOS shows up and it's beeping then either the memory or drive is causing the issue. Power off and add one component and power up until it no longer works.

Nice post here, neem!! ;)
I couldn't have said it any better. We should all keep a shortcut for this one.

BIGBEARJEDI

Back