Windows 7 HELP hard drive fail

lol lolsen

I got a western digital 1.5 TB hard drive and when i turn on my computer windows starts trying to repair the hard drive and i let it stand like this for 48 hours and its still trying to repair. What should i do?

Picture down below my win language is Norwegian.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 275
Western Digital will usually have a utility you can download and check the drive but this might need to erase the drive to do the test. So I will assume this would be a last option type of thing.

Can you download a third party disk partitioning software you could boot to and look at the drive, or put the drive in another computer?

You may want to get another drive to replace the current one, then see if you could boot with it installed to see if you could copy your data from it.

If the repair is running that long, it probably means the system is having problems accessing the drive. Maybe try re-seating the connections or putting the drive on another port.

A possibility here, depending on the age of the mobo, there might be some limitations to the size of the drive being installed. With out any system specs it's just a guess.

Back