Windows 7 HELP HELP HELP - Windows 7 freezes at startup after installing from Vista Home Prem

mikey19lon

I have installed windows 7 onto my philips HEPC 7511 pc which was running Vista Home Prem but it wont go past the 'starting windows' screen now - i know nothing about computers and really really need a solution.

Have run the auto fix thingy on CD but says it cannot fix the problem,
Have tried System Recovery
Have tried booting from the cd
i have no recovery disc as far as i know but there is a ?'recovery partition' i saw when clicking on custom to see if i could do something about it

PLEASE HELP ME - I THINK IVE KILLED MY PC!

No question........I would perform a"clean' install.

An upgrade may carry your problems over.

Save all you important documents, Pictures, music, videos, Favorites, etc to flash drive.

Be aware, you'll will have to re-install all your 3rd party applications.

Thank you, I'd love to be able to back up my files but I can't get past the startup screen even safe mode doesn't work....any suggestions?

Thank you, I'd love to be able to back up my files but I can't get past the startup screen even safe mode doesn't work....any suggestions?

not sounding great then, if you really need any files from your old install you would need to access the data on your hard drive possibly from a linux boot cd, but if you can cope with losing all your files then you need to perform a wipe and clean install ?

Brink has written a great set of guides for any scenario but I think >> this one << will work perfectly for you as long as you DONT NEED to keep your old data and files ?

If you choose not to format your hard drive, it will put all of your old files in a folder called windows.old where you can do whatever you want with them including over them to your installation.

No question........I would perform a"clean' install.

An upgrade may carry your problems over.

Save all you important documents, Pictures, music, videos, Favorites, etc to flash drive.

Be aware, you'll will have to re-install all your 3rd party applications. And it will format your drive, that;s what you need.

Back
Top Bottom