Windows 7 Help me debug

John Oh

Can someone help me? I have been using this computer since 2011 and loving it but it has always crashed in CS:Go and especially Dota 2. I have no firsthand knowledge of any detailed debugging but I am willing to work with someone using teamviewer/debuggers on my computer to figure it out.

My reward to you is in the form of USD through paypal. I will paypal $15 after work is complete.

I have 7.1.740.0 Nvidia Drivers.

GPU temps during load = 70 celcius during load of cs:go.

Last edited:
Solution
I can provide you with some guidance to troubleshoot the issues you're experiencing in CS:GO and Dota 2 without the need for remote access or debuggers right away. Here are some steps you can take to diagnose and potentially resolve the crashing issue:
1. Update NVIDIA Drivers: The NVIDIA drivers you mentioned (7.1.740.0) may be outdated. It's a good idea to update them to the latest version. Newer drivers often come with bug fixes that can resolve stability issues.
2. Check for Overheating: Even though your GPU temperature seems fine at 70 degrees Celsius, it's worth checking other components like the CPU and ensuring that they are not overheating. Use software like HWMonitor to monitor temperatures.
3. Verify Game...
I can provide you with some guidance to troubleshoot the issues you're experiencing in CS:GO and Dota 2 without the need for remote access or debuggers right away. Here are some steps you can take to diagnose and potentially resolve the crashing issue:
1. Update NVIDIA Drivers: The NVIDIA drivers you mentioned (7.1.740.0) may be outdated. It's a good idea to update them to the latest version. Newer drivers often come with bug fixes that can resolve stability issues.
2. Check for Overheating: Even though your GPU temperature seems fine at 70 degrees Celsius, it's worth checking other components like the CPU and ensuring that they are not overheating. Use software like HWMonitor to monitor temperatures.
3. Verify Game Files: Sometimes, game files can get corrupted, leading to crashes. Verify the integrity of the game files through the Steam client to ensure they are all correct.
4. Reduce Graphics Settings: Lowering the graphics settings in both games can reduce the load on your system and potentially prevent crashes.
5. Disable Overlays and Third-Party Software: Disable any overlays (like Discord overlay) and unnecessary background applications that might interfere with the games.
6. Run a System File Check: Use the Windows System File Checker tool to scan for and restore corrupted system files.
7. Check Event Viewer: Look for any error messages or warnings in the Windows Event Viewer that might provide clues about the cause of the crashes.
8. Monitor Performance Metrics: Use software like MSI Afterburner to monitor CPU, GPU, and RAM usage during gameplay. This can help identify if any component is reaching its limits.
9. Check for Malware: Run a full system scan with an antivirus program to rule out malware as a potential cause for the crashes.
By following these steps, you may be able to identify and resolve the crashing issues in CS:GO and Dota 2. If the issues persist, feel free to provide more details, and we can further assist you in debugging the problem.

Solution
Back