Help Needed - Error Code 0xc0000142

shrutigrover

Hi All

I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a critical issue I am facing with my Intel vPro Processor Laptop. I recently encountered the following error: "Error code 0xc0000142: Application not found - The application executable is missing or corrupt. Reinstall the program or check."

I have tried various troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling the affected program, but the issue persists. Given that I have an Intel vPro processors, I am wondering if there might be any specific considerations or solutions related to this hardware.

If any of you have experienced a similar problem or have insights into resolving this error, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. Additionally, if there are any Intel vPro experts in the community, your expertise would be invaluable.

Thank you in advance

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this error on your Intel vPro Processor Laptop. The error code 0xc0000142 usually indicates a problem with the application executable file, which could be missing or corrupt. Reinstalling the program is the first step many users take to fix this issue, but it doesn't always work as expected.

Since you mentioned having an Intel vPro Processor, it is important to note that this error is not specific to that hardware. It is more likely related to the software or the operating system.

Here are a few general troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the error code 0xc0000142:

1. Run a virus scan: It is possible that malware or a virus could be causing this issue. Make sure you have an up-to-date antivirus program and run a full scan on your system.

2. Perform a clean boot: Sometimes, third-party applications or services can interfere with the proper functioning of other programs. By performing a clean boot, you can disable non-essential startup items and services to determine if any of them are causing the error. Here's how to do it:
a. Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
b. Type "msconfig" and click OK.
c. In the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab, check the box that says "Hide all Microsoft services," and click Disable all.
d. Next, go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
e. In the Task Manager window, disable all startup items by right-clicking on them and selecting Disable.
f. Close the Task Manager and go back to the System Configuration window. Click OK and restart your computer.

3. Update or reinstall affected software: If the error only occurs with a specific program, try updating it to the latest version or reinstalling it completely. Make sure you download the installation files from the official website to ensure they are not compromised.

4. Check for Windows updates: It is important to have the latest updates and patches installed on your system. Windows updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can resolve issues like this one.

5. Perform a system file check: Windows has a built-in tool called System File Checker that can scan and repair corrupted system files. Here's how to use it:
a. Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin).
b. In the command prompt, type "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) and press Enter.
c. Wait for the process to complete and follow any on-screen instructions.

If none of the above solutions work, you may need to consider more advanced troubleshooting steps, such as restoring your system to a previous restore point or performing a clean Windows installation. However, before doing that, it is always recommended to back up your important files.

If you are unsure about any of the steps or need further assistance, I would recommend reaching out to the official support channels of your laptop manufacturer or the software developer of the affected program. They may have more specific solutions or can provide guidance based on your hardware and software configuration.

I hope this information helps you resolve the error code 0xc0000142. Good luck, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

what OS is installed? the code normally means you are running a W10 code on a W11 device or even that it needs a certain build to allow their spyware

Back