Windows 7 HELP!! New installation gives Windows 7/Vista/Server (Pointer) screen?

superbabies

Hi, I have installed Windows 7 HP but I get a problem when the computer boots up. It stops with a 30sec timer and asks to choose an installation between..
Windows 7/Vista/Server (Pointer)
Windows 7/Vista/Server
Windows 7/Vista/Server (Debug - Def mode)
Windows 7/Vista/Server (Debug - Legacy mode)
Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC - Pointer)
Windows 7/Vista/Server (No SLIC)
Windows NT/2000/XP Enter Command Line

Could some one please advise on how I can remove this and have the pc boot up as normal?

Holy crype, just when you thought you'd heard it all. :what_smile: Please supply more background info & maybe me or someone here will have a clue what this one is all about, please.

Thanks,
Drew

Yes, got that. What computer, what version of Windows 7, what media used to install & so on, please.

This thread has been moved to Windows 7 Support. In the future, refrain from posting in our tutorial section for support.

Is this a real Windows disk or some download or customized disk?
Joe

Hi Joe,

The disk was given to me by a friend who said I can use it to install windows on my PC. Im not a computer person, but it has installed the OS only with this small problem at the beginning.

Any ideas as to what this could be or how to skip it from coming up at the boot up?

Yes, got that. What computer, what version of Windows 7, what media used to install & so on, please.

Hi sorr Drew I didnt understand the question..Im not computer savvy or anything technical.
OS = is windows 7 Home Premium build 6.17600
Media = disk
Computer is an Acer M1610 with Intel Core 2 Duo E4600, 1.5GB RAM, 160GB HD

"The disk was given to me by a friend who said I can use it to install windows on my PC."

I suggest the above is the root of your problem. Go buy your own copy of the OS and THAT should install w/out any problems.

Cheers,
Drew
Win8Logo (2013_02_06 10_30_24 UTC).jpg

Back