Windows Vista Help please. How to remote control another computer

I'm trying to control a computer from another computer. And I got this error message (attached)

Attachments

• remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 596
Both PC's have to have the software installed....and the code/password from the PC you are wanting to connect to from Teamviewer.

What version of Windows is on each computer? Any version can be used as the controlling computer but only these versions can be controlled:
  • Windows 8.1 Pro
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise
  • Windows 8 Enterprise
  • Windows 8 Pro
  • Windows 7 Professional
  • Windows 7 Enterprise
  • Windows 7 Ultimate
  • Windows Vista Business
  • Windows Vista Ultimate
  • Windows Vista Enterprise
  • Windows XP Professional
Read about it here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8

You can get around this restriction by using TeamViewer that was mentioned above.

Last edited:
I'm using Vista 64bit on my main computer. And the other computer that I want to control has Windows 7.
But which version of Win 7? If you check the chart I posted you'll see that unless you are running Win 7 Pro, Ultimate or Enterprise, you can't control it remotely using MS Remote Desktop Connection. TeamViewer is the way to go since it doesn't have any such requirement.

But which version of Win 7? If you check the chart I posted you'll see that unless you are running Win 7 Pro, Ultimate or Enterprise, you can't control it remotely using MS Remote Desktop Connection. TeamViewer is the way to go since it doesn't have any such requirement.
I don't know what version of Win 7 it is. But I'm not trying to use MS Remote Desktop. I'm trying to use TeamViewer. It's installed on both computers.

I got it to work finally! Thank you so much. I really do appreciate it =)

May I ask a question? I get a lot of help from people about software and my website and stuff over the internet. Are all these people getting paid, or are you just helping out as a way to contribute to the community? Either way, it's really cool that you guys do this stuff.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Didn't you know you would be sent a bill? It should arrive in the mail any day now, please pay promptly. :hee:

Thanks for posting back about your success. So many times we never hear back from the person we help and so don't know if they got their problem solved or just gave up.

Back
Top Bottom