Windows 10 Help removing a single user account connecting externally

Dangalel

I have a laptop which has only 1 user account - I can't remember the password to log on and after doing all windows 10 options to recover password and gain access it hasn't worked. I want to remove that user account and be able to log on to the laptop without having to reinstall windows fully as I don't want to have to re download and/or pay for the apps like office again.

Can I do this? I can take the harddrive out of the laptop and connect to it with my PC so can I remove the user account this way? I’ve tried using the repair windows, system roll back or reinstall windows from the user account but it all needs the psasword in order to do it.

Is it a local account or Microsoft? If the latter you can't, if it's a local you'd need to use a tool like the offline NT password reset or Lazesoft to remove the password. It is possible to do it from another computer but it's a lot easier to do it with the tools I mentioned.

Excuse me for asking... but if you "have a laptop which has only 1 user account", then that user-account IS the computers Administrators account..

Exactly what do you think happens if you remove that account?

How would removing this account help you to create an NEW account in the same computer?? (Hint! You need an administrative account for that!)

This is the type of problems you get when you install Windows "the Microsoft way", that is to "sign in with YOUR Microsoft account" at the end of the setup! The first account created is, like everyone knows, made to be the computers ADMINISTRATORS ACCOUNT (Member of the Admin group)..

Your account will the only Administrative account in the computer, and when stuff like this happens... You have locked yourself out from your own computer... especially when it's a Microsoft account (that password reset software's CAN NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD ON...

Luckily for anyone in your situation there is a guide that shows how to do away with these faults when you perform the reinstallation of Windows that your probable is forced to perform... Please check out the: winguider.se/en/ for more help!

That way no one must end up in this situation. (caused by Microsoft idiocy to fool everyone to sign in with their Microsoft account instead of making a separate Admin-account BEFORE you create your own Standard user account)

(Pardon me if I misunderstood anything)

If it's a Microsoft account you can just reset the password. There should rarely be a need to re-install Windows. You can also enable the built-in administrator account and have access to another account.

If it's a Microsoft account you can just reset the password. There should rarely be a need to re-install Windows. You can also enable the built-in administrator account and have access to another account.
It will be interesting to see if that works.. I assumed that they already tried to reset the password but failed..

Back