Windows 10 *HELP* Unexpected BSOD while rendering video and doing the usual on chrome

TheDD

Hello there,
I just built my new pc and I love using it, however, I suddenly got a BSOD (Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) while rending a pretty long video and having like 10 tabs open in chrome.
If someone has the time could they please help me. I hope nothing is actually broken already, everything is brand new...
Thanks a bunch!

((I'm kinda worried tho))

Ps. I don't overclock
My build: System Builder - Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB G1 Gaming, Carbide Series 275R (White w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

Attachments

• 020319-6218-01.dmp
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 316
  • SYSTEMREPORT.zip
    147.5 KB · Views: 353
It happened for the third time. If anyone can help that would be great. Here is the third dump file.
I'm so worried now...

EDIT: I have put the task manager in the back and my cpu usage was 100% when I got the same BSOD, could it be that it just overheated by having a too high usage for a long time and shut down? If so can someone tell me what the optimal fan settings would be. I'm using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED

Attachments

• 020319-5921-01.dmp
    606.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Well the WHEA error relates to your internal CPU timer.

I would reset your firmware to defaults and also look for any firmware updates for your motherboard. If neither of those resolve the issue you may need to RMA your CPU.

Overheating can also be a cause. What are your temps like?

Thank you both for your responses.
Overheating can also be a cause. What are your temps like?
My cpu was about 86 degrees celcius last time it gave me the same BSOD.

Well the WHEA error relates to your internal CPU timer.

I would reset your firmware to defaults and also look for any firmware updates for your motherboard. If neither of those resolve the issue you may need to RMA your CPU.
I see. I'm sorry for asking but how would I reset my firmware to the defaults. Do I do it in the bios?

I tried rendering the same thing one last time. After only 3 minutes my cpu is 87 degrees celcius according to SpeedFan and 100 degrees celcius according to core temp. My cpu usage is 83%

According to Intel 100C is the cap on safe temp for this CPU, so you certainly could be going over that and that could be the problem as Kemical suggested. You may want to invest in a bigger CPU fan then and see if that helps.

I tried rendering the same thing one last time. After only 3 minutes my cpu is 87 degrees celcius according to SpeedFan and 100 degrees celcius according to core temp. My cpu usage is 83%
If your using the cooler that came with the chip then these are only just adequate and your better investing in a decent third party cooler.

Thank you for the quick responses..
I did buy a third party cooler, the intel i7 7700k doesn't come with a cooler so I googled which cooler was the best and most sites said "Cooler Master - Hyper 212" so I bought that, yet somehow it's still getting that hot...
What would you recommend?

If your not overclocking then the 212 should be pretty much ok. Try replacing the thermal paste and making sure your heatsink fan is working correctly.
Once replaced check your temps again and report back.

The fan was setup to run at 100% when the cpu was 70 degrees celcius. I set that to 60 degrees.

It didn't help. I am not overclocking and my pc was built by my local pc shop about 2 months ago, so the paste should still be fine

I don't know much about building computers. Everything I know is self taught because I grew up with computers all my life. On cyber monday I bought parts off many different sites like Amazon and some parts I bought second hand like the gpu and the cpu was second hand, but the box was sealed -never even opened-
I got a computer store nearby to install the bios, the drivers and build the pc for about €75,- That's why I don't have warranty and can't just easily get someone to look at it.
I don't want my brand new cpu to keep getting burning hot and last way shorter but I don't know what to do. This is definetly a cooling issue because under stress this cpu gets insanely hot really fast but I can't figure out how to fix it without either getting the best water cooling and getting someone to install it again or just never stressing it and running everything as slow as possible just so it doesn't overheat.

Last edited:
So I just tried rendering three big files -at the same time- on a cheap pc we have and strangely the cpu stays at 30 degrees celcius even tho it's using 100% of the cpu.

So I don't understand why my cpu produces this much heat...

Hi,
try checking that the cpu is ok by running the Intel diagnostic tool: Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

The 212 cooler is relatively easy to install so you could check on the thermal paste yourself. This may help:

As I said earlier do not attempt this unless you have some thermal paste on hand so if need be purchase some.

Chances are that the cooler has either been incorrectly fitted, has little or no thermal paste (or even too much as this can cause problems too), it may even be the case that the 212 cooler needs upgrading to something better.
Or
The cpu itself has an issue. I'd bet it's the cooler but try the diagnostic above.

I did a little checking and it seems that cooler isn't good enough:
i7 7700k temps with 212 evo - [Solved] - CPUs - Tom's Hardware

Sounds like you need a better cooler.

Hi,
try checking that the cpu is ok by running the Intel diagnostic tool: Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

The 212 cooler is relatively easy to install so you could check on the thermal paste yourself. This may help:

As I said earlier do not attempt this unless you have some thermal paste on hand so if need be purchase some.

Chances are that the cooler has either been incorrectly fitted, has little or no thermal paste (or even too much as this can cause problems too), it may even be the case that the 212 cooler needs upgrading to something better.
Or
The cpu itself has an issue. I'd bet it's the cooler but try the diagnostic above.

I did a little checking and it seems that cooler isn't good enough:
i7 7700k temps with 212 evo - [Solved] - CPUs - Tom's Hardware

Sounds like you need a better cooler.

Hey again,
Thank you for this. I think I do need a better cooler. This one is very quiet and nice with the LED and all, but even at 100% I think it spins too slow ...
What would you recommend?
My cpu passed all of the diagnostic tests so it's still working well.

Back