Windows 7 Help Windows for applications popping up.

sparidhi

Hi,
I am experiencing a strange problem with my Windows 7 for last 2-3 weeks. When I use any application, suddenly Help Windows for application will pop up and it will not go away. If I try to close it, it opens again. This problem is spread across applications. Help Windows come up for SQL server, Microsoft Word and IE. Sometimes Help Windows won't let me do anything and I have to restart. It was only annoying till now but this problem seems to be spreading.

I have checked F1 key and it is not stuck.

Problem seems to be happening since I installed SQL server 2008 R2 around a month ago. I have Lenovo G450 with Windows 7 ( 64 bit ) installed.

I would appreciate any help with gurus here.

Thanks for your help.
Paridhi

Usually, I'd ask if you have the option to check some "don't show again" checkbox, but if you say that the help window doesn't close, I assume it's more serious.

Are you SURE that F1 is not stuck? Maybe something spilled on the keyboard and is making a short circuit inside. Try using a different keyboard for a while to rule out a keyboard problem.

Many factors can be at fault here. I'd also check about scanning for adware\viruses\spyware etc...

You can try to disable the "Help and Support" service from Windows services and see if that helps.

Do you have any 3rd party software that takes over your keyboard or creates hot-keys or keyloggers installed?

Here's some more info:
Windows Help and Support keeps popping up. - Microsoft Answers

Back
Top Bottom