Windows 7 Help with BSOD

Zalthoria

Would appreciate if someone could give me some guide as to what to do.

Attachments

• 102817-9172-01.zip
    62.4 KB · Views: 405
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {19, 0, fffff880009b3180, 4}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
something has caused a secondary processor to become hung up although the dump file is unable to analyse what is causing the issue.

Looking over your drivers I noticed a prime suspect:
dtlitescsibus.sys Thu Sep 24 21:17:21 2015: DAEMON Tools Lite Virtual SCSI Bus Driver well known for causing bsod's with Windows 7, please remove.

If removing the above doesn't stop the bsod then we'll need to find out what's causing the crash. To do this try running the driver verifier, this will stress each driver in turn and if they bsod then the culprit will be named on the dump file.
If the driver verifier causes a bsod boot loop, you'll need to boot into safe mode and turn the verifier off. The resulting dump files should have the culprit named.
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Please post any resulting dump files as well as more information on the blue screen like when it happens are you doing something in particular or are they just random?

Mostly it crashes when im gaming.

I've uninstalled Daemon tools lite but am not particularly sure if the driver is removed.
I've followed the steps in the link provided, but im not particularly sure what to do now ( didnt see the daemon tools driver in the driver list)
Do i just use the computer normally for 24 hours or isit actually running something in the back ground?

please advise.
much thanks and love

Mostly it crashes when im gaming.
When was the last time the machine was cleaned out of any dust build up?

Do i just use the computer normally for 24 hours or isit actually running something in the back ground?
Yes, just use as normal and if a bsod occurs please post the dump file. Sometimes this can be a process of elimination and the more dump files we get to look at the better.

Its cleaned out rather regularly as previously i was worried it was due to dust. Even the themal paste has been changed like 3 times in half a year now

Its cleaned out rather regularly as previously i was worried it was due to dust. Even the themal paste has been changed like 3 times in half a year now
Ok, well just keep using as normal and if it blue screens again please post the dump file.

After deleting daemon tools it seem to run fine, (had it on for two days straight), just crashed just now Stop code 124

Attachments

• 110117-6489-01.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 385
Hi,
just popped on to check for posts and have to shoot out very shortly. I'll debug your dump file when I'm back in a few hours time but bugcheck 124 can be caused by overheating. Try stress testing your system and see if it bsod's. Please monitor cpu temperatures too.

Run the Intel diagnostic tool:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Last edited:
Ok, I'm back. Will check these dump files over now.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80101f6028, be000000, 800400}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi again. :)
Ok the dump file is showing that it's possibly down to a Win 7 driver:
Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
Do check for high temps anyway (on both CPU and GPU) just so we have them ticked off as well as running the Intel diagnostic tool.

Here is info on stress testing:
IntelBurnTest: Another popular option for testing CPUs. IntelBurnTest uses the same stress-testing engine that Intel uses internally for quality control before shipping out CPUs. The program also claims to perform the necessary tests in 8 minutes, as opposed to 3+ hours with Prime95.

For a slightly more obscure option, there’s also Super PI, a single-threaded benchmark that calculates the number pi up to a specified number of digits (with a maximum of 32 million). It’s not the ideal stress test for multi-core CPUs, but it can still give you a good idea of how your PC will handle single-threaded tasks. It’s also not a bad frame of reference for PC gaming performance.

GPU testing
FurMark: An extremely popular graphics stress test. This program should push your graphics card harder than even the most demanding game on the market. If your GPU has problems, you should know within about 15 minutes.
Reference

I usually don't recommend Prime95 as it's stresses CPU's far beyond real world situations (imo of course)

A handy tool for monitoring temps is HWiNFO64

You mentioned that you have recently had to replace TiM (Thermal interface material or paste) up to three times.

May I ask why?

Check that Windows itself isn't corrupted by looking in the start menu for command prompt, right click on it, choose properties and then run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results

If it can't fix corrupted files try running it a few times as well as in safe mode.

If the bsod continues then run the driver verifier, this will stress each driver in turn and if they bsod then the culprit will be named on the dump file.
If the driver verifier causes a bsod boot loop, you'll need to boot into safe mode and turn the verifier off. The resulting dump files should have the culprit named.
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Please post any new dump files.

Okay will do the suggested fixes.

Im actually doing this on behalf of my brother.
He said that the pc temp was slightly higher than normal even tho the pc isnt overclocked and regularly cleaned.
thus he ended up changing the Thermal paste

Ok understood, nice of you to him help out.. :)

Please post back if the issues continue.

Back