Windows 7 Help with Frequent BSOD Please

ChristineG

Hello,
I read through some of the forums trying to figure out what is needed for some help with this. My pc gets a BSOD almost daily while browsing the internet since about the beginning of DecemberView attachment dumpfiles.zip and I can't figure out how to fix it. Here is basic info about my pc:

Dell Inspiron 570
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 820 Processor 2.80 GHz
6.00 GB Memory
64-bit Operation System

I've attached the dump files. I also tried to get a screenshot of the cpu-z but wasn't sure how to do that. So please just let me know if you need it and how to do it.

Thank you so much!
Christine

Hello and welcome. Wow, not often that a female seeks help with bsods lol. I think they usually leave it to their significant others lol again.

Anyhow, your issues are being caused 2 things. Your wireless adapter driver:

Code:
1: kd> lmvm athrx
start             end                 module name
fffff880`0400d000 fffff880`0418a000   athrx    T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: athrx.sys
    Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys
    Image name: athrx.sys
    Timestamp:        Fri Oct 23 21:49:44 2009 (4AE25D38)
    CheckSum:         0017F4D3
    ImageSize:        0017D000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
So, you should update that from this link:

ATHEROS Wireless drivers for Windows

Look in the device manager for which you should download and install. Also, use the device manager itself to install. (Right click the Atheros, Update driver software, Browse My Computer, Let Me Pick, Have Disk, Browse.)

-------------

And also, you must uninstall PCTools which is also causing equally major issues.

Once you do these two things, the machine will be fine.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Thank you for your fast reply! I checked and had hubby check the Device Manager but didn't see that we have an Atheros Wireless driver and we have been using the same one for quite some time. Under Network Adapters I have a Broadcom Netlink and a WLAN PCIe card. So I'm not sure how to update that file or how to get rid of it. Does it show on the dump file that we have that?

I had a feeling it was PCTools. On Dec 9th, I upgraded from v7 to v8 and the problems seem to happen more often.

Thanks again!
Christine

You're welcome.

Update the WLAN PCIe card in the exact manner I described. If you still need help for which to download, do this:

Start menu | type msinfo32 | press enter.

File | save on the opened screen. Zip that file then attach.

Back