Windows 7 Help with IE9 problem

Charlie210

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and just downloaded and installed IE9. Every time I run IE9 it says there is an error and shuts down. How can I uninstall IE9 and go back to IE8. IE9 is not listed in the program list to uninstall so how do I do it?

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and just downloaded and installed IE9. Every time I run IE9 it says there is an error and shuts down. How can I uninstall IE9 and go back to IE8. IE9 is not listed in the program list to uninstall so how do I do it?
Click the start orb and type
installed updates
into the search box and hit enter.
Scroll as needed to the Microsoft Windows Category and look for
Windows Internet Explorer 9
Select it and click the uninstall link in the menu bar next to Organize
Good Luck
Randy

I do not use Home premium, so perhaps circumstances are different. But if you downloaded and installed it as a free download, then I cannot understand why it does not appear under "Programs and Features". If, however, you installed it as an offered update, then Troubles suggestion is probably the answer.
However, I use Ultimate. In my case, it is listed under "Turn Windows Features on or off" (To the left of the "Programs and Features" window.) If you do have it there, unticking it will remove it and reurn IE8 into use automatically, unless you have deleted the needed files with a program such as Ccleaner.
Later.
Hmm. Curious. I do not have IE9 in my Updates, but here (picture) I can remove it, or replace it, ad infinitum. On removing it I am automatically returned to IE8?? Maybe the final release came with SP1?

Last edited:
IE9 Install on New Machine

Just purchased a new desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium x64. After applying all the outstanding updates I downloaded IE9 x64 and installed it. All went well and it was a clean install. When I start IE9 I get my web page but immediately a windows pops up and says that IE has encountered an error and shuts it down. I went to view the application error log and the following was listed.

Error 10/3/2011 11:36:40 AM Application Error 1000 (100)
Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 9.0.8112.16421, time stamp: 0x4d76255d
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00009cc6
Faulting process id: 0x113c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc81e23dd83efd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 7cde85da-edd5-11e0-a499-d02788573786

Does anyone have a clue as to why IE9 won't run on a new machine with a new OS? Any suggestions on how to track this problem down?

Back