Windows 8 Here's something that I didn't know.

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I just saw this, something that I wasn't aware of.
I'm pretty sure I had media player running in Windows 8 preview.

Mike
.............................................................................................................

Purchase the Windows 8 Media Center Pack.

Microsoft no longer includes Windows Media Center with Windows 8.

Windows Media Center, which includes DVD playback, is available separately.

If you have Windows 8 Pro, you can purchase the Windows 8 Media Center Pack to activate Windows Media Center and DVD playback on your computer.

Microsoft is offering the Windows 8 Media Center Pack for free until January 31, 2013 –click here to get it.

If you have the basic, non-Pro edition of Windows 8 on your computer, you’ll have to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro by purchasing the Windows 8 Pro Pack before you can get Windows 8 Media Center.

Use the Add features to Windows 8 control panel to upgrade. To open it, press the Windows key, type * add features, tap or click the Settings category, and tap or click Add features to Windows 8.

Windows Media Center is not available for Enterprise versions of Windows 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disabled Media Center and Media Player 12 on my Win 7 Laptop. No big loss. I installed K-Lite and use Media Player Classic for all my video and use Foobar for all my audio.

I disabled Media Center and Media Player 12 on my Win 7 Laptop. No big loss. I installed K-Lite and use Media Player Classic for all my video and use Foobar for all my audio.

I'm with you I almost never use Media Player and have used K-Lite for a years.
Joe

Back