Windows 8 Hi newbie with new 64 bit Windows 8.1 help me :D

leelou dallas

Hi everyone, desperately need some help. I've just bought a new 64bit windows 8.1 computer and can't seen to find 64bit drivers for it....utorrent or bittorrent for starters. The free drivers just won't open and I get a huge message across the screen saying something like can't run on this pc! What is going on...why and what I do? I'm waiting hours trying to figure out and find ones that work and to no avail. It's driving me bonkers . ..Please please help and steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance, Leila

I read one issue is that the drivers are 32bit and that I have to find 64bit drivers? I'm not sure if that's correct....even so I can't find any option if 32bit and 64bit. ..just one that won't work :(

Your post is not 100% clear, but, If I read it correctly - You are saying that you cannot install Utorrent or bittorrent on your computer?
Neither need drivers. If my assumption is correct, the issue may be that you have a third party anti virus program (?) which is identifying the programs as Malware. If so, disable the Anti virus temporarily and try again.

I think you are chasing a red herring. If that is a new PC with 8.1, all drivers should be included and functioning. You must be migrating from the old XP where driver installations were common. Not so with 8.1 - they are either included or will be automatically installed. I know only of 1 case where the guy had a rally old exotic device for which 8.1 did not find the driver.

Back