Windows 10 holding down keys makes a jingle sound

windows10disaster

Holding down any key for several seconds and then releasing it makes a jingle sound. After which, Windows treats the key as being held down until the same key is pressed again.

For example, if I hold down control long enough and then release, I can zoom in/out using the scroll wheel by itself (ctrl + scroll wheel). Sticky, filter, and toggle keys are off.

I Never had this problem on Windows 7.

Last edited:
If you upgraded then it's possible the upgrade messed with the files somewhat. If the keyboard has a driver you could try re-installing it. Another thing to try is open a admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

The results were: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". I am using a standard Microsoft keyboard 300. I tried switching USB ports.

I have noticed that when I hold down a character key in a text field, it takes about 5 seconds before the key stops being sent.

Did you run Windows update yet? Microsoft have released two patches which may address these issues I know it's helped others with other issues it may do the same for you?

Yes I installed the new updates but it hasn't been fixed. I guess there's nothing left to do but update and/or reformat and hope for the better.

Back
Top Bottom