Windows 7 HomeGroup Listenter Error

oldmanbim

My HomeGroup Listener service wil not start.

If I try to start it manually, I get a message box:
Windows could not start the HomeGroup Listener on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error -27147023143
In the System log I get the error:
The HomeGroup Listener service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147023143.
Source: Service Control Manager
User: N/A
Event ID: 7024
OpCode: Info
Task Category: None
Keywords: Classic

Since this is the only Win 7 computer on my network, it shouldn't matter. I just don't like errors showing up in my System Log.

Any help?

Thanks,
-b

My HomeGroup Listener service wil not start.

If I try to start it manually, I get a message box:
Windows could not start the HomeGroup Listener on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error -27147023143
In the System log I get the error:
The HomeGroup Listener service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147023143.
Source: Service Control Manager
User: N/A
Event ID: 7024
OpCode: Info
Task Category: None
Keywords: Classic

Since this is the only Win 7 computer on my network, it shouldn't matter. I just don't like errors showing up in my System Log.

Any help?

Thanks,
-b
I have 3 PCs with Win 7 ( Build 7048 X64, 7077 X32 and 7100 X64 ) and I have Homegroup settings enabled. I have not seen that problem starting the Homegroup Listner Service .

I am wondering if this is because you have only a single system with Win7. You may test by installing the same Build of Win 7 on another PC's free partition and making a Homegroup., just my thought on this.

I have 3 PCs with Win 7 ( Build 7048 X64, 7077 X32 and 7100 X64 ) and I have Homegroup settings enabled. I have not seen that problem starting the Homegroup Listner Service .

I am wondering if this is because you have only a single system with Win7. You may test by installing the same Build of Win 7 on another PC's free partition and making a Homegroup., just my thought on this.

That's a good suggestion and is certainly a possibility, but unfortunately not practical at this time. On second thought, I think one of my friends may have Win 7 on their laptop, so I'll see if I can test it that way.

However, I find it surprising that the service would error even if it is on a stand alone system.

That's a good suggestion and is certainly a possibility, but unfortunately not practical at this time. On second thought, I think one of my friends may have Win 7 on their laptop, so I'll see if I can test it that way.

However, I find it surprising that the service would error even if it is on a stand alone system.
I was planning to do the reverse by taking down 2 of the 3 Windows 7 PCs from my mixed homenetwork and see if I can reproduce your problem by stripping the Homegroup category which by MS definition needs 2 or more Win 7s to function.

I have this error on the joining PC on my HomeGroup. Both PCs have clean installs of Windows 7 RC1 (7100). This error shows up on the joining computer. On the computer which created the homegroup, I get an error sometimes that the clock is not synced to local time but all the settings are right and the time is right. It's only a half second different than the other computer. Even though they are synced to the same time server and updated at the same time.

Also when I open homegroup, all the checkboxes are empty next to the libraries. When I check the ones I want and click ok they're unchecked again when I re-open homegroup settings.

If finally got most of the advanced sharing settings to not revert back after saving. The one that still goes to both radio buttons empty is public folder sharing.

This homegroup business seems to be a lot harder than the old system. At least with old networking there was a lot of nuts and bolts to tighten to get it working. this seems to have eliminated a lot of avenues. Plus the old network places which still show up won't work anymore it seems.

Thanks in advance. Either not a lot of people are trying out the RC or not a lot of people are messing with HomeGroup yet because I can't find much on google about HomeGroup. A lot of the same issues but very few solutions so far.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I have this error on the joining PC on my HomeGroup. Both PCs have clean installs of Windows 7 RC1 (7100). This error shows up on the joining computer. On the computer which created the homegroup, I get an error sometimes that the clock is not synced to local time but all the settings are right and the time is right. It's only a half second different than the other computer. Even though they are synced to the same time server and updated at the same time.

Also when I open homegroup, all the checkboxes are empty next to the libraries. When I check the ones I want and click ok they're unchecked again when I re-open homegroup settings.

If finally got most of the advanced sharing settings to not revert back after saving. The one that still goes to both radio buttons empty is public folder sharing.

This homegroup business seems to be a lot harder than the old system. At least with old networking there was a lot of nuts and bolts to tighten to get it working. this seems to have eliminated a lot of avenues. Plus the old network places which still show up won't work anymore it seems.

Thanks in advance. Either not a lot of people are trying out the RC or not a lot of people are messing with HomeGroup yet because I can't find much on google about HomeGroup. A lot of the same issues but very few solutions so far.

Thanks for your help.

i get the same thing! annoying!

Back
Top Bottom