Windows 7 How back up Sticky Notes?

Commander_Cool

Hello, well - it's all in the subject line; how do I back up the data on the notes? I know that StikyNot.exe resides in the Windows\System32 folder, but the data?
Thank you.
♀+♂ :cool:

The data should be contained in a file called StickyNotes.snt here
C:\Users\jYourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes

The data should be contained in a file called StickyNotes.snt here
C:\Users\jYourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes
OK, thank you so much!

...only it isn't. I was too quick in replying there, a search shows there are no .snt files there or anywhere else on the C-drive.

Last edited:
Oops, sorry that didn't help. That is certainly where my file is but perhaps your's is for some reason located in a different location.
Assuming that you have a least one sticky note on your desktop and that you have taken the necessary steps to un-hide hidden files and folders as well as system files, then you may need to use something like;
Everything a faster and to some extent more robust search tool, especially if you're looking for ..... well everything. That's how I found mine.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Randy

EDIT: Just type in stickynotes.snt or try *.snt and see if it produces any results.

Last edited:
Oops, sorry that didn't help. That is certainly where my file is but perhaps your's is for some reason located in a different location.
Assuming that you have a least one sticky note on your desktop and that you have taken the necessary steps to un-hide hidden files and folders as well as system files, then you may need to use something like;
Everything a faster and to some extent more robust search tool, especially if you're looking for ..... well everything. That's how I found mine.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Randy

EDIT: Just type in stickynotes.snt or try *.snt and see if it produces any results.

I use Everything daily since I was tipped about it over at Howtogeek.com a goodly while back. It is one of maybe five to eight utilities and programs on my have-to-have list.

Can't think How I managed without it...really. One ounce of clever, lean programming like that is worth roughly a thousand tons of Microsoft or Apple bloatware.

So, I had searched using it as a matter of routine before I posted. Great tip, though ;)
So, it's back to the drawing board...:andwhat:

Sorry, my mistake...now I found it...boy, is my face red...:pig:
Thank you Trouble for your...trouble.

Last edited:
No trouble at all. Was it in the default location or somewhere else entirely?
In any event, glad you have it sorted now.
Regards
Randy

Back