Windows 7 How big should a Windows 7 Pro 32-bit ISO be?

DemonTraitor

I have seen on here many posts about the SPWIZENG.DLL error when trying to install W7. I have yet to actually find a solution, so I am requesting some additional info...

I have downloaded the "STUDENT UPGRADE" version (MSDNA) of W7 Pro 32-bit and the ISO is roughly 1GB in size, is this right??

Background:

I have a fresh (no updates) XP Home PC (32-bit), which I am trying to upgrade to W7 Pro 32-bit...

I am trying to run the install from the desktop and I get the "SPWIZENG.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support." error....

I thought it may be XP not being updated, so I tried running the install on another PC which is running W7 Pro x64, and I get the same error...

I have tried booting with the ISO, and I get the "driver required" error...

I have extracted the ISO with no errors, burnt the ISO, mounted the ISO using Daemon Tools and tried the install, but the error always appears...

Is there actually a resolution to this problem? Do I have a "bad" ISO, how big should the ISO be?

in a word....... HEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... --- ...

Regards

Demon

Obtained from: Link Removed due to 404 Error

File: en_windows_7_professional_x86_dvd_x15-65804.iso

Size: 995 MB (1,043,809,975 bytes)

‎Created: 22 ‎August ‎2009, ‏‎22:40:29

Attachments

• en_windows_7_professional_x86_dvd_x15-65804.0.txt
    96 KB · Views: 1,154
Last edited:
The installed size of windows 7 is about 8.6 GBs (32Bit). The smallest DVD size, which would be Windows 7 Starter, is 2.03GBs. Windows 7 Professional (x86) - DVD (English), which you have listed, is 2.386Gbs.
The RTM only, was released to manufacturers around July 22, 2009,[4] and reached general retail availability on October 22, 2009, so it seems that it could be the RTM you have but. at that size, something has gone wrong. I notice you say you "extracted the ISO". Was it a zipped download? perhaps something went wrong with the zipped file? Have a look in your extraced ISO and see if there are any more zipped files tucked there.

One suggestion, but, with that size, I don't think it will work, is to extract the entire contents to a folder called, for example, setup, and try the install from there.
Fwiw. You do know, presumably, that you cannot upgrade xp to Windows 7, only do a clean or customised install?

Hi, sorry, when I say extract, I mean, I used PowerISO to extract the contents.

I actually intend not to upgrade, but to do a clean install etc (which you correctly pointed out).

I have requested another download of the file in the hope that the next one will be ok...

ps. thank you very much for your assistance :)

Also... why are Windows ISO's so difficult to obtain???

The ISO's should be freely available, considering you need the KEY to activate it, there is no real reason why the download should not be available from MS website :/

I am still waiting for my additional download request to be accepted by MSDNA so I can try again - in the mean time I am hunting for an ISO on torrent sites, which I should have to do :(

Demon :(

Well, that is a moot point. I don't think they are any more difficult to get than the key, as the two tend to come together?

I am currently downloading W7 Pro x86 ISO from a torrent site - is going to take 9 hours..... if I could get the ISO from MS, the download would only take minutes :(

tik tok...

What you do is a private matter, and not my concern. But your comment is frowned on in this site. (No torrents or discussion on pirated material)

in my eyes it is not pirated :/
i have bought w7, and i am owed a working image of it.
it is not my fault i have to go to such lengths to get it.
the image will still need my paid for product key.
i am still waiting for my request for a new download, and i have university work to do...

Wouldn't it be a huge shame though if you not only downloaded the torrent but malware with it too.. This could also jeopadise any work you do..

i have been forced into this situation, and i have a very secure system - i can handle malware and viruses etc, so i will take the risk - i dont go to uni to clean the toilets :)

the source is verified, and private account, not the usual googled stuff :)

the torrent download has sped up, looks like i might get installed tonight...

i have been forced into this situation, and i have a very secure system - i can handle malware and viruses etc, so i will take the risk - i dont go to uni to clean the toilets :)

the source is verified, and private account, not the usual googled stuff :)

the torrent download has sped up, looks like i might get installed tonight...

Link Removed due to 404 Error There you go an official link for windows 7 pro x86

Back