Windows 7 How can I apply custom W7 theme?

Morko

Hi, I just can't get this theme to work:

Metalik Glass for Win7 by kAtz93 on DeviantArt

I am running Windows 7 Professional x64

There mentioned app "Windows Themes Installer" mostly threw just some errors rather than actually changing anything even if I've renamed that dll. I think the only thing it did was changing to classic style and then back to aero.

I have even manually copied explorerframe.dll in system32 and SysWOW64 through linux. The 64bit dll went into system32 and the 32bit dll went into SysWOW64.

I've even patched libraries with "UltraUXThemePatcher" but when I open that theme the only thing I get is some aero stuff - transparent taskbar/windows + a little bit of gray colour here and there but no "metalik glass" at all.

I don't bother the start button a and the icon style. My priority is to get the "metalik glass" look for now.

I got no idea how to get that working and I just don't want to run through google and try every second app when one is more suspicious than another. Maybe someone knows what's the problem or got a working howto. Maybe it's me missing something...

Thanks for any answers.

Hi,
I never tried running one of these myself but have you tried running Windows themes installer as administrator?

Back