Windows 8 How can I make a one key batch file to open the start menu

mike marshell

Hello, does anyone know if you can make a batch file to open the start menu with one key.
Ever since I up graded to win 8.1 the win key stopped working

Thx

know if you can make a batch file

No, batch files don't work in 8, 8.1 or 10... you can have power scripts.

win 8.1 the win key stopped working

There is no Win key in 8 or 8.1... if you have just booted to the start screen then you can press [windows key] + [d] to goto the desktop or [windows key] + [e] to open the explorer... which also switchs to the desktop first.

You can also load one of the free hacks that puts the old win key back because Microsoft didn't remove the back ground code.

You could also make a shortcut for any of the old win key options: shutdown, restart, all programs etc...

No, batch files don't work in 8, 8.1 or 10... you can have power scripts.

There is no Win key in 8 or 8.1... if you have just booted to the start screen then you can press [windows key] + [d] to goto the desktop or [windows key] + [e] to open the explorer... which also switchs to the desktop first.

You can also load one of the free hacks that puts the old win key back because Microsoft didn't remove the back ground code.

You could also make a shortcut for any of the old win key options: shutdown, restart, all programs etc...

OK so I finally figured why my win key was not working in win 8.1. At some point I changed booting to the start screen to booting to the desk top. For some reason this deactivated the win key. The only way I could get to the start screen was to hit ctrl/esc. I changed it back and now the win key works with all the one key shortcuts and is back to booting to the start screen.

Back