Windows 7 How do I change how dialog boxes and program windows open?

Ballyshannon

I've just begun using Win 7 and notice all dialog boxes, program windows, etc, open and close like a Mac with an animated action, not like older windows when they'd just appear on the screen. Is there any way to change this animated movement in Win 7?

UPDATE: I just figured it out by going into Performance Information and Tools/Advanced Tools/Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.

Last edited:
Solution
It's great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue with the animated movements in Windows 7. The steps you followed by accessing the Performance Information and Tools, then going to Advanced Tools to adjust the appearance and performance settings, are indeed the correct way to modify the animations in Windows 7.
If you ever have more questions or need further assistance with Windows 7 or any other Windows-related topics, feel free to ask!
It's great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue with the animated movements in Windows 7. The steps you followed by accessing the Performance Information and Tools, then going to Advanced Tools to adjust the appearance and performance settings, are indeed the correct way to modify the animations in Windows 7.
If you ever have more questions or need further assistance with Windows 7 or any other Windows-related topics, feel free to ask!

Solution
Back