Windows 7 How do I clean my screen monitor?

James661

Hi, my new laptop's screen has a weird stain at the bottom, I can't get rid of it can you guys tell me what is it and how can I fix it myself? I still got the warranty but I don't want to send the laptop to repair because It's too much trouble there must be a way I can fix it myself so please help?

Here's a picture of the stain I took 4 different pictures and put them together in 1 single picture.. (stain is in the middle)

OzRE7.jpg

Check your notebook manual, it will have a recommended method for cleaning. That said, I use a soft, clean microfiber cloth, dampened lightly with Endust for Electronics. Then I rub the screen very lightly, first to clean, then to buff.

In your case, you need to determine if that stain is on the outside of the screen where you can reach it, or trapped inside between the layers of the display panel. If inside, it should be returned for warranty repair. If you crack open the notebook case, you may void the warranty.

Check your notebook manual, it will have a recommended method for cleaning. That said, I use a soft, clean microfiber cloth, dampened lightly with Endust for Electronics. Then I rub the screen very lightly, first to clean, then to buff.

In your case, you need to determine if that stain is on the outside of the screen where you can reach it, or trapped inside between the layers of the display panel. If inside, it should be returned for warranty repair. If you crack open the notebook case, you may void the warranty.

Pretty sure it's inside the screen.. guess I'll do that because I still have the warranty sigh got no other choice thanks for the reply though.. :cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:

I still have the warranty sigh got no other choice
Well, you can take it to a regular repair shop and pay for it yourself, and probably void the rest of the warranty. But that does not sound like a good option to me - unless you need the computer back fast.

Still, the warranty people will probably just swap in a new display panel, which I would hope they had in stock. I think this is a better approach than trying to clean it. That stain should not be there in the first place, so I personally would want a new panel.

Read the RMA information carefully concerning your hard drive. They may want you to remove it before shipping, or they may re-image it when they get their hands on - meaning all your data will be lost. So I recommend you back up anything you don't want to lose, and maybe purger your HD of any personal data they don't need access to.

Well, you can take it to a regular repair shop and pay for it yourself, and probably void the rest of the warranty. But that does not sound like a good option to me - unless you need the computer back fast.

Still, the warranty people will probably just swap in a new display panel, which I would hope they had in stock. I think this is a better approach than trying to clean it. That stain should not be there in the first place, so I personally would want a new panel.

Read the RMA information carefully concerning your hard drive. They may want you to remove it before shipping, or they may re-image it when they get their hands on - meaning all your data will be lost. So I recommend you back up anything you don't want to lose, and maybe purger your HD of any personal data they don't need access to.

I'm not worried about the screen replacement really I just don't want to re-install everything I've got over again or either get my Hard drive clean up.. but if I have to then I'll do it

Where can I get this RMA information? got links? (my computer is HP).. you know the best way to purge the HD? tips anything will be helpful

I just don't want to re-install everything
My guess is you can pull the drive before sending it in, as this is not a drive of software problem.

Where can I get this RMA information? got links? (my computer is HP)..
Well, you need to check your documentation but my guess is you can start Link Removed - Invalid URL.

My guess is you can pull the drive before sending it in, as this is not a drive of software problem.

Well, you need to check your documentation but my guess is you can start Link Removed - Invalid URL.

will do! thanks a lot :thumbs_up:

There are mainly two way to clean monitor one is internal and another is external. You can clean external device with vacume cleaner or cleaning liquid. Internal monitor can be clean through removing monitor case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom