Windows 7 How do I combine 2 partition into 1?

billkater

I installed a 120gb SSD drive into my computer. When I cloned it it made 2 partitions and left some space unallocated. I would like to combine these if possible.

f: is the active partition. But the windows system is on c:

See the picture of my disk management screen
file system.png

Attachments

• file system.png
    file system.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 296
Hi, :lightbulb:
Yes, you can reclaim that unallocated space and add to your existing C: drive if you wish. We've had this question several times, and if you use the Search box on this forum at the top, upper-right and put it "COMBINE PARTITIONS", you will see a bunch of them. One of them we did back in December of last year (2016) was a very good one, as I posted a good Video on how you can do this a couple of different ways. We then had discussions of more advanced methods using built in Windows utilities and then moved onto various 3rd party utilities including EasyBCD; a very useful free program for doing this. This Post will give you a variety of ways to accomplish your goal of reclaiming that unallocated drive space and combining it with your existing C: drive partition!

Enjoy, here's the link to that Thread: Converting secondary partition to main primary one

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

Back
Top Bottom