Windows 7 How do I know how much usable RAM my PC have?

Michael226

Hi!

I have a Lenovo y560 with its main graphic card (ATI radeon 5730) broken. Right now it's using its integrated graphic card (an intel HD 3000). I have read that the integrated graphic card doesn't allow my computer to use most of its installed RAM. The installed RAM is 4Gb.

I followed the procedure on the first image to find out how much usable RAM my computer has.

The second image shows what the result was:

So here is my doubt: Is that the actual usable RAM that my computer has right now, with the integrated graphic card activated, or is it the default usable RAM that my computer should have asuming that its main graphic card is still working?

Thank you so much for your time and please forgive my English. I'm from Argentina and I don't use it very often.

Attachments

• ram pro.PNG
    ram pro.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 505
  • usabe ram.PNG
    usabe ram.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 464
That 3.8 GBs. shown is with the integrated Intel graphic's. How do you know that your Radeon HD5730 isn't working ? Here's the link to AMD's current driver for your Radeon HD5730. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows 7 - 64#amd-catalyst-packages AMD own's ATI and dropped the ATI name a while back.

Hi! Thank you for answering my question, is good to know that my computer still uses most of its installed RAM.

About the graphic card:

it was months ago, in February. My computer started to show a lot of random BSOD and after the reboot the screen went completely black without letting me do anything.

I made a post here about that asking for help:

http://windowsforum.com/threads/i-h...f-bsod-lately-please-help.184388/#post-595499

After searching in the offical forums of Lenovo, I learned that it was a very common problem on the y560 and that it involved the graphic card. So I uninstalled it and the problem stoped. Since then I have been using my notebook with the integrated intel HD.

I think is broken because I downloaded the driver from Lenovo and the problem didn't stop. The only way I could solve it was by unistalling the AMD graphic card.

Back
Top Bottom