Windows 7 How do I make search not suck?

HELLFISH

Windows 7 search is driving me completely crazy. I have a data CD with a lot of files and folders. Nested in a folder is a file called cdboot.ima.

I put in the data CD, bring up an explorer window to see the root of the disc, and then type in cdboot in the search bar. Win7 promptly tells me no items match my search. But, when I traverse the directory tree, I can plainly see the cdboot.ima file.

I'm guessing Win7 is only searching files it has indexed... how do I tell it to do something useful, like actually search for the files.

Windows 7 search is driving me completely crazy. I have a data CD with a lot of files and folders. Nested in a folder is a file called cdboot.ima.

I put in the data CD, bring up an explorer window to see the root of the disc, and then type in cdboot in the search bar. Win7 promptly tells me no items match my search. But, when I traverse the directory tree, I can plainly see the cdboot.ima file.

I'm guessing Win7 is only searching files it has indexed... how do I tell it to do something useful, like actually search for the files.

Erm good question . I could say I am searching for an answer but fear your rebuff ;) Others may have a full answer for you . Hey and welcome to the forum :D

Back