How do you disable two finger scrolling on asus n56dp series

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by Allen Smith, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Allen Smith

Allen Smith New Member

Dear Windows 8 Forums representatives,

I need your help because I don't like the two finger scrolling on Windows 8 for Asus. It works decent but I still prefer the old fashions one finger scrolling it seems to be more fluid when scrolling through pages. For me it still feels unnatural to use two fingers; I want my Windows 8 PC back and toss the mac feature for two finger scrolling. I'm not sure why Asus added this because it really ruins my Windows 8 experience as scrolling is an essential function for workflow. I'll put it this way if one finger scrolling was enabled I would have a 10 out of 10 experience versus two finger scrolling I would have a 7 out of 10 experience.

The only solution I have right now is to use a mouse that has scroll wheel, which I am going to start using today until this is resolved. I think this would be a great tutorial for others frustrated with this too so whoever can help me I will make a video on this subject.

Thanks!

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

3. Allen Smith

Allen Smith New Member

I just want to turn off the gesture. I use to prefer using a mouse as it use to be faster for me but eventually I got better at using touch pad. Also with the touch pad I am always closer to my keyboard whereas with the mouse I have one hand away from keyboard at all times slowing down my productivity. I guess it really depends; sometimes it's much faster to use mouse when I am using a program where I am not doing a lot of typing and other times its faster to use touch pad when typing is involved often. I will check out the Windows 8 user guide you posted to see if I can fix this. I just did a driver update check and it said I am already up-to-date.

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

How did you check your driver updates? It's all ways best to update drivers through vendors webpage...eg your laptops download/support page to verify latest driver released dates. Then the hardware vendors will sometimes release more current drivers that's not picked up by the PC/laptop vendors. You can check with the hardware vendor directly to verify that the laptop website does infact have the latest driver published.