Windows 7 How hot are your laptops' CPU and GPU?

How hot are your laptops' CPU and GPU?

• ~60 °C (~140.0 °F)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ~63 °C (~145.4 °F)

• ~66 °C (~150.8 °F)

• ~69 °C (~156.2 °F)

• ~72 °C (~161.6 °F)

• ~75 °C (~167.0 °F)

• ~78 °C (~172.4 °F)

• ~84 °C (~183.2 °F)

• ~87 °C (~188.6 °F)

• ~90 °C (~194.0 °F)

• ~93 °C (~199.4 °F)

• ~96 °C (~204.8 °F)

• ~99 °C (~210.2 °F)

• Total voters
For all of those who have a very hot laptop, here is how I fixed it. On one HP laptop that ran very hot and even a coolpad was only relatively little help, I fixed the problem by replacing the HDD with a SSD. Now it is running at normal temps.

I am currently at 94 - 97 °C temperature of the CPU with a load average of 15% (if we take into account logical CPUs, that's actually 30%) - openSUSE 12.1 x86-64 is installing in a virtual machine.

Last edited:
I realized why it is even worse now: the hot air is not coming out for some reason. Luckily, I paid for a warranty extension to 3 years.

I realized why it is even worse now: the hot air is not coming out for some reason. Luckily, I paid for a warranty extension to 3 years.

Either your fan is broken (can you hear it?) or you have a lot of lint in the airpath. The latter you may be able to fix by blowing compressed air thru the vents. Compressed air cans you can purchase at Home Depot or Lowes

Of course I can hear it - do you think I wouldn't notice that something blowing at 10 - 30 dB has stopped blowing?

It's under extended warranty, so I'll just send it to the repairshop for an examination and then send it, again, when they get the right component.

My lowest has never even been your highest.

Pregrijavanje HP Paviliona dv7-4110em (XE287EA#BED).png

Wow...80's and 90's....that would scare the crap out or me. I keep my laptop cleaned on weekly basis and use a laptop cooler/chill pad. Granted I go through some caned air...but for peace of mind it's worth it for me. Have you taken all the back covers off and cleaned it real good. There are some nice video's on modding the back of laptops for venting where the GPU is situated on gaming laptops.

Well, I'd like to keep it unmodded while it's under warranty. I do realize it's a gaming laptop; however, I do not currently use it as such. Also, switching to an SSD would cost me a lot of disk space as I currently have a 1 TB disk inside.

Back