How I can change use of Network by process?

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Networking' started by Tiago, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Tiago

Tiago Active Member

I have a Internet broadband Adsl. 0.5 mbps Up & 10 mbps Down.
    My question is about Upload, when I sent a video to YouTube, for example, YouTube use all Upload (something like 60 KB/s), It is impossible to access the Internet. The download does not work without upload. Is needed to make solicitations of pages in Web.

I use Windows 10 updated.

How I can edit something in Windows to decrease the use of Upload for process of Google Chrome by YouTube, for example?

#1 Tiago, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. Neemobeer

Neemobeer Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member

I'm pretty sure there is nothing like this built into Windows or Chrome. You would need some kind of network appliance that can do throttling or QoS such as a packet shaper or firewall.

Tiago likes this.
  3. Tiago

Tiago Active Member

Looking out the updated image that posted, you can any different conclusion?

4. Neemobeer

Staff Member

I've never used Net Limiter, but you should be able to add a Rule hopefully based on DNS name and upload only to strict traffic to youtube.

5. Tiago

Tiago Active Member

I could use the rule, NetLimiter works well. It is shareware. But I wanted a way to do without help of program, for example, setting something inside the modem. You have any chance of achieving this without the help of anything? That's all I want to know, because otherwise, I'll buy the software to solve my question.

6. Neemobeer

Staff Member

There is no way to do it on a modem or 99% of home grade routers. Lots of routers only support basic QoS. The software will work or like I said a traffic shaper or firewall but those will cost you a lot more than the software.

7. Tiago

Tiago Active Member

Okay, Thanks a lot!

8. Kash

Kash New Member

There is a way if you can talk to your service provider. They have the capability to restrict Up & Dn speeds from the Modem. You would not need anything else to work this. Try this.