Windows 10 How I can change use of Network by process?

Tiago

I have a Internet broadband Adsl. 0.5 mbps Up & 10 mbps Down.
My question is about Upload, when I sent a video to YouTube, for example, YouTube use all Upload (something like 60 KB/s), It is impossible to access the Internet. The download does not work without upload. Is needed to make solicitations of pages in Web.

I use Windows 10 updated.

How I can edit something in Windows to decrease the use of Upload for process of Google Chrome by YouTube, for example?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there is nothing like this built into Windows or Chrome. You would need some kind of network appliance that can do throttling or QoS such as a packet shaper or firewall.

I've never used Net Limiter, but you should be able to add a Rule hopefully based on DNS name and upload only to strict traffic to youtube.

I could use the rule, NetLimiter works well. It is shareware. But I wanted a way to do without help of program, for example, setting something inside the modem. You have any chance of achieving this without the help of anything? That's all I want to know, because otherwise, I'll buy the software to solve my question.

There is no way to do it on a modem or 99% of home grade routers. Lots of routers only support basic QoS. The software will work or like I said a traffic shaper or firewall but those will cost you a lot more than the software.

There is a way if you can talk to your service provider. They have the capability to restrict Up & Dn speeds from the Modem. You would not need anything else to work this. Try this.

Back