Windows 7 how to change/increase video memory of graphics card

Arun Kumar

Hello Everyone,
I have a Dell Inspron 15 pc with Intel integrated graphics.
It says it has a total of 1695 mb graphics but its dedicated video memory is only 32 mb.

Is there any way i can change the dedicated video memory to a higher value so that i can play some high end games on my pc?

I've uploaded a snapshot of my graphics adapter details.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Attachments

• video_adapt.jpg
    video_adapt.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,381
That type of change is normally done in the Bios...

The setting does not appear to be on the Bios Setup utility, but it does say what the video memory is. I will have to do some research to see if I can find a key combination to get into the actual bios...

When I show the dialog you show, mine has 64MB of Dedicated Video Memory and 0 MB of System Video Memory.

If I open the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel, it shows in the options and support area, 32 MB minimum graphics memory and 1580 Maximum Graphics memory. Also says 50 MB currently in use, so it appears the system is adjusting the memory, depending on what it needs..

Maybe someone on the Dell community site could give you a good answer. I do not have any of the extra Dell utilities installed since this is now a retail Windows 7 install. Perhaps one of those utilities would make such an adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom