How to convert M4P to mp3?

Axel PC

So I've found my old iTunes login from way back in early 2000's (that's old in computer time lol) when iTunes first came out. And I've got a ton of songs I purchased from it. Well I've stopped using it a long time ago. But I'd like to convert those songs to mp3 and keep them since I purchased them.

I've been researching how to convert them but I've come across most pay for software, which I'm find with. But it's expensive for a one time weekend project that I'll never use again. And some of the sites look dated and not sure if I want to hand over my financial information know what I mean?

Does anyone know here of a free way to convert AAC files to mp3? Any tips and suggestions would be great thanks!

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
i use a software called switch (i have a licence for mine but i think they still offer some kind of free deal) for my itunes music... anyway the trick to any converter for sound is to unpack it to a wave file first then repack it into whatever you need

Axel PC

Ah thanks for that conversion tip! I think I came across that piece of software, Switch, in researching this. I did come across a way via burning your songs to CD then ripping them. However, I haven't purchased blanks CDs in years. And I don't even have an optical drive on my laptop lol. Plus I've got almost 400 songs on it and if I did purchase an external and CDs that would take forever and a day to burn and rip SMH.

I just might have to break down and purchase some conversion software.

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
when you rip something, it doesn't HAVE TO be sent to a burner for blank CDs (just a default setting on most software) ... hell even Mediaplayer gives you options
Screenshot (290).png

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.