Windows 10 How to delete "Windows " folder?

LOL

My computer was infected my a ransomware called Pahd. After remove the virus, I notice a folder in the C: drive, another Windows folder but with a space in the end. Inside is all normal Windows folder but it all unavailable. If I delete it, it just say "Could no find this item". I think this is the virus remaining but I can't delete it. Please help me!
1624870935365.png

If I rename the "Windows " folder, it just said that it in use. If I rename the folder inside it, it still say unavailable. :(

Boot into safe mode and rename. It sounds like something that shouldn't be running is from inside that directory and also make sure you're trying to rename the correct one

It still say that it use in. I think the virus has do sth to the critical files. I ran an sfc scan and it said normal. :(

I'd suggest backing up data and doing a clean install or taking it to a shop. Trying to troubleshoot this blind over a forum is impractical.

Can I just use the reset option instead? Can you help me verify that folder is not a virus or something because I feel worry when I reset a physical computer. Also, Is it safe to keep it in my computer? Because I gonna upgrade to Windows 11 when it release officially though.

Last edited:
Can I just use the reset option instead? Can you help me verify that folder is not a virus or something because I feel worry when I reset a physical computer. Also, Is it safe to keep it in my computer? Because I gonna upgrade to Windows 11 when it release officially though.
I check the previous tab in the properties menu and it older version IS the windows folder which is pretty confusing. And I gonna update to Windows 10 21H1 because I think it will install a newer installation I guess.

Run "Disk Cleanup", You will find it in the Windows Admistrative Tools" folder of the start menu.
Before starting, make sure you select this item: "Clean up System files"

1625219629475.png

It still there! Is there any explorer inspector or something like that
I use EMCO Unlock It to try unlock the folder but it just auto redirect to the real "Windows" folder. I cant use cmd because in the directory name have a space.

Back